Chapter 18 - Treehouse

Hello my little Narwhalians! How are you all?

I've been thinking and I think you guys need a better name than 'Narwhalians' don't you think? So if you can think of a good name for you guys (my readers and followers) that be awesome! But if you like Narwhalians, that's cool too!

[ Comment your ideas here! ]

This chapter is dedicated to my loyal reader @kellylove1234 , thanks for the ongoing support and I love how you look forward to each new chapter! This ones for you, you fabulous potato!

Now onto the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane's POV

I sighed and shuffled up on the sofa to give Holly some room to sit down, which she then did. The springs groaned as she sat down.

"So...who should go first?" I hesitantly asked, scratching the back of my head.

"Hmm...I'll start ok?" Holly replied, and I sighed inwardly, already knowing what her first question was going to be.

"Ok...Zane, how and why are you a robot?" she asked, and I sighed again, outwardly this time.

"Well, I was built by my father to help and protect others who couldn't do so themselves, and when I found out I unlocked my true potential. I feel a bit different from everyone else because of it, but I try to not let it bother me. That's all I guess" I answered, shrugging. Once I was done, I looked up to see that her gaze had softened a little.

"Oh Zane...I didn't realise...I feel a bit bad for freaking out now" Holly admitted.

"It's alright, your reaction was perfectly justified" I smiled reassuringly.

"Ok, my turn now. Where exactly are we?" I asked her, feeling my systems slowly rebooting.

"We are currently in my tree house just on the outskirts of Pinewood Village" she said, gesturing to the building.

"I found this place when I was little and it's kinda become my second home, a place I can go to when I want to be alone. Anyways, next question" she continued.

"That's pretty cool actually Holly and shoot" I replied.

"Ok um...are you mad at me for running away?" Holly asked me cautiously.

"To be honest, I was a little hurt when you ran away but I can understand why. You were shocked and confused so you weren't thinking straight. I already forgave you" I answered back, smiling politely.

Holly smiled back and then leaned across and hugged me. I was a little shocked at first but returned the hug, feeling the familiar tingling where we touched. I still don't understand why this happens, but I do kind of like it.

"Thank you Zane" she said quietly, resting her chin on my shoulder.

"No problem Holly" I replied.

After a little while, I felt her lean back to look at me, and I did the same, curious as to why she did so. Glancing at her face, I noticed her cheeks were slightly flushed, causing my cheeks to do the same. Then, she slowly started to lean in, our noses almost touching. My mechanical heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest it was beating so fast.
.
.
.
.
.
.
CLIFFHANGER!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
JK XD
.
.
.
.
She then stopped and very slightly shook her head and backed away, releasing the hug, rubbing her arm awkwardly.

'What was that all about?' I thought to myself, the redness of my face fading away as the moment passed.

"So um Holly? D-Do you want to go back to the Bounty?" I asked nervously, fearing rejection.

She looked into my eyes and smiled.

"Sure Zane, might as well. I do need to finish training with you after all" she replied, her mood shifting to a happier one.

"I'd love to continue your training" I said politely, standing up and extending my hand to her, offering to help her get up. Taking my hand, she stood up and smiled.

"Lets go Zane" Holly stated, and she led me out of her tree house, my hand still interlocked with hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was that everyone? Sorry for such a long delay, I try to update more soon, it's just it takes a while for me to write these, cause I put a lot of love into each sentence.

Also thanks for almost 3000 reads! It means so much to me!

Till next time my little Narwhalians!

Love Kirby xxx