Chapter 7

I eye myself in the mirror, my black sheath dress hugged my curves perfectly. After hours of torching myself with the out most hospitality offered by Julian I was glad that it had finally a positive outcome. I looked presentable, but what did not suit me well is the fact that I was living on someone else's money. These products, extravagant dresses weren't mine. It made me feel weak. I am very reluctant to accept anything offered by Alberto because, well lets say that Alberto himself is the reason.
Being exposed to realities of life, I know better than to doll up myself by a man's money. Its not a luxury, its an escape.

"Alpha would love it"

And I'm so much waiting for his opinion. I turn around and avoid looking anywhere close to the mirror. The women there, its not me.

If he even thinks that he could buy me up with the fountain of money he broadcasts I wouldn't hesitate to kick him right in his balls. Ya that would be it.

My smile soon fades away, I bite my cheek in vexation. I haven't forgotten what Julian had simply put out. Forced. Heat. Baby .But at least I was glad that minutes from now , I will have answers to every freaking question and that liberty solely resides with Alberto. Just in this case.

"You are very lucky Luna. Alpha will treat you like a queen"

"—can you lead me there?"

"where?"

I fold my hands against my chest and expressionlessly face the dear girl

" Alberto wanted to meet me, ring a bell"

Her face brightens up and I bit my lip

"I think master Vincent would be here soon, its about time that he shows up" I look around.

"does everyone have a mate here"

She hides her lips with her hands and tries her best not to smile. What? She is blushing for?

"ah—yes"

"do you have one?"

"no Luna I haven't found mine yet" she shyly whispers.

I shake my head and together we take closer steps towards the infamous room door. Its quite odd.

"why does this room specifically has such length door?" I raise my brows

"ah—w-well..."

She plays with her earthly curls and starts swallowing. I shrug my shoulders,

"its because...ah p-protection"

"from the rest of the animals?" I bitterly add.

She becomes uncomfortable and starts shifting from one leg to another, something in her expression says that she was hurt.

"p-protection in the sense, during the heat. Its quite strong for both of them to ah—c-control"

"control what?" I mean it just doesn't make sense. Its suitable to reply that it's a mere design or worst a stunt of superiority but for protection? That's eccentric.

"Heat demands complete attention of on one's sexu—

Knock.

My gaze falls on Vincent whose head was popped in.

"Luna" my eyes return back to Julian

"demands complete attention of what?"

Vincent cuts me in stating

"I think we ought to leave Alpha has been waiting long."

I give him a slight nod, all the while Julian head was bowed down in respect. I give one last look at her and follow Vincent. My gaze falls on his pale blue shirt and dark trousers. His coat has hanging loosely on his forearm. His black hair was neatly cut. He looked like a perfect picture of businessman.