Chapter 24

"We have checked with the neighbouring packs Luna, they will attend the council" I give Vincent  a feeble nod. Honestly I didn't want anyone left out for the small gathering that is going to be held today.

A gathering for justice. Justice to Amanda Roberts. Mother who is a mystery to me yet I'm holding on to her because that's what I am fit for,a coward. Rose will be there too.

I am not sure if I can face her, now that I know she was capable of murder. I look at Dane who was staring at me concerned. I look away and find Julian getting food on a long wooden plank.

"How is Alpha?" I just nod at him, deciding to just shut my mouth and enjoy a peaceful stretch. Julian's eyes meet mine and I silently ask her to take the food inside the room. She casts her eyes down and gets past us walking towards those wooden blocks. I realize how she avoided confronting me. Every one in this castle is bloody disappointed with me.

"Is he recovering? I and Vincent are looking at the pack duties currently but now that there will be a council held, things are going to be stressful"

"Your Alpha will recover in no time he is already walking on his own" I sharply throw it at him. I pull the shrug closer to my body the windy atmosphere was playing with my long orange gown. I decide to head inside to Alberto

"Don't leave him luna" I abruptly stop, listening to Dane's plea. It held some depth, something akin to begging. I meet Dane's eyes and pull my face into a blank emotionless stare,

"I have nowhere to go now Dane" he gives me a curt nod and walks away. I stand helplessly at the door and stare at his retreating figure. I give a long sigh and head inside. This place reminded me of what happened forty eight hours ago, the tragedy that  made me dead. I remember how things accelerated to worse, how Rose was the one who faked it all along. She showered me with her false love, made me feel whole with her pretense. Why? Why does universe mock me, am I not capable of love? Am I not worth that emotion. Why is it that everything is just snatched away from me in a most ripping way. It tares me apart, It makes me feel so undeniably low. My eyes hurt from crying and they are drained of tears now.

I head inside and find Julian arranging the wooden plank in front of a tired looking Alberto who on noticing my presence lifts his eyes. I stand there looking into his hypnotic dark orbs which widened in emotion. No he cannot, should not feel anything towards me. I had a feeling that Alberto started pitying me, he was devastated with everything that has happened to me. I was a definition of failure and everything inside me now is shriveled. I was like an empty shell. I look away and head closer to him. I motion Julian to stop and start arranging his food myself. I felt the proximity of our bodies, it still buzzed with electricity and spark. We are a married couple now. I was his wife. His wife.

Julian stands there awkwardly while Alberto clenches his jaw when I don't meet his eyes..

"Step outside Julian I have something to talk to you" She simply bows at Alberto and heads out. We both were alone now, I could feel the silence threatening to break I feel his eyes digging my face, he drinks in my sight and I still don't meet his stare. Every thing has changed for me but nothing has changed for us.

"Your shoulder doesn't hurt anymore?" I pique.

"It will get better" I hear him reply in his usual husky tone. I arrange his table and meet his eyes.

"Get this done--

I point my nails at the steaming hot vegetable soup and toast

" --give me a second I have to talk to her" he looks at me and doesn't utter a word. His eyes grow heated and darker. I break the eye contact and  turn to head towards the door.