Chapter 22

I walked out of the room with my hands hanging loose. My thoughts were weakening me, everything was just too much. Once reaching towards the end of the corridor I eye the long wooden blocks which guard his room..and the next time I see it, that would be our room.

I shake my head and take long steps to get wherever the hell Alberto wants me to be. I see Julian trying her best to keep up my pace. I have long given up on hope, I try to bring out a cold exterior. Its done. I am reaching my end, a destiny with him..

I miss my life, honestly I miss the comfort of my cheap apartment. I missed the bills, I missed my narcissism.. I missed Washington

I should have married Derek said yes to everything that he offered, hopefully my life would have been different.

There is no changing now, I will get an evil man as a husband and that's my fate.

I am being punished.

We climb downstairs, I don't let my gaze linger in the luxurious hallway, this will be my prison. I feel my hands shake and I touch the railing. I find people im hallway with their heads bowed down. They were quiet, their silence was eerie.

It was ominously scaring, it just was everything I didn't want. My red gown trailed down each step as I slowly descended down the stairs.

"we need to go out Luna" I nod at her, someone was happy on my wedding day.. At least.

I walk closer to the main doorway, my vision blurred with tears but I was too conscious to let it show.

I hate him so damn much. A guard bows down seeing me, a joyous glee was spread all over his face. If only he knew the price

Icy breeze kissed my cheeks making me feel instantly cold. The night was alive, too alive to be true. The air tickled my skin, the darkness was warm and welcoming. I eye the night sky with desperation. I envy its freedom.

Night creatures sing their melody, it felt like my death mourning. I stepped on the stone pathway leading in a different direction more towards north wing. I look at Julian and find her
give me a feeble smile and she urges me to take a step forward.

It was my pathway to hell.

My wedding is my doom

I rise my chin up, I have chosen this and now I have to face the consequences. I will not let myself pity and hate this moment. Its my mistake that I am here today.

I trusted Alberto and tried to outsmart him and the irony..

He had a complete.. Clear checkmate.

I gasp seeing the exterior, the place was gigantic. It was near a small pond, tall trees encompassed an elegant miniature stage standing in between rows of chairs and couches.

Lanterns hanged on the tress giving the night a positive glow, the setting was enchanting. The place was stocked with people, their postures gave an aura of sophistication and authority. There was so much of food, helpers served red wine all the while keeping their gaze up, anxious for the celebrations to commence.

Women crowded around the front rows , their diamond necklaces shimmered in the moonlight. I feel blood rushing to my cheeks when I see people noticing my presence. murmurs and whispers emerge . People looked at me with interest, some with disgust while others with curiosity.

They were assessing me

I was feeling nervous because of the intensity of their gazes. This moment felt extremely i
Overpowering and nerve wrecking. I feel Julian hand righten on my forehand and I feel my resolve breaking.