Chapter 25

I observe how silent people were when Alberto and I walked towards our respective seats. People were  gawking at me, everyone knows what Rose did to Alberto and quite honestly they are furious with me. Few men and women stare  accusingly while few were ready to pounce. I keep my head down, this happened because of
me, there anger is justified.

Dane and Vincent surround me, trying to protect me from their prying gazes while Alberto causally looks at the crowd.

"Stop staring  and sit" Alberto's voice reverberates and people quickly obey him and take their seats. I silently thank him and take a seat beside him in the front rows. The first thing I observed was this place was ancient, the half built way it was constructed made it seem rural. My eyes notice the cracks and broken edges. Just when my eyes start taking the number of people and their dresses, Alberto finds my palm and encloses it with his. The action had me completely startled. He never seemed this bold and he never use to bother about my presence  what changed? Deciding not to irk him with snatching my hand away.. not that I wanted to but  all this is still new to me.

I resolve myself to keep quiet. I look ahead and find a big rectangular table centrally located, men with white hair and wrinkled hands occupied most of the part. Their eyes didn't move from Alberto and me. I really felt uncomfortable under their gaze. Alberto gives a groan and they instantly look away, Alberto was more powerful than I expected him to be.

Women had their hair in tight buns and they looked rather unbelievable. I sigh and look around to find Rose. She must be here. Noticing my agitation Alberto gives  me one stern look and I keep  sight restricted.  A man with pepper hair and ancient eyes clasps his hand and stands up, I immediately recognize him, he is the same person Alberto introduced me to in our wedding the only sane person I met.

"We have gathered here for the hearing of Rosaline Parks. She tried an attempt to murder on our Alpha and is found guilty. Reasons will be explained, be patient" He grimly speaks and murmurs from the crowd emerge. He sits down on his long wooden chair and starts checking   different piles of papers.

A women who looked like she was in her late forties announced, "She is here" A chill so cold runs down my body and I start leaning towards Alberto who quickly wrapped his arm around me.

You always lean on someone

He will not let you down

I hear the the rattling of chains and deep groans of a woman. I start  perspiring , despite all she had done I still can't see her in pain, I still can't accept this fact. I find Alberto drawing smooth circles on my skin making it tingle. Mate bond. Trust your own soul mate! Soul mate..

I look up and find Rose in the same clothes she wore two nights before. Her hair was all matted and her skin had grease sticking all over. She looked in a very weak.

" let's hear her" Alberto whispers in my ear. I nod my head in response. This is so difficult.

She was guided onto a small stage, where Council members had their discussion table centered. I note how hollow Rose was feeling. I should never have allowed them to take her away, I let my emotions ruin everything. I was literally was in a different haze, I couldn't make out a word or two. She was made seated on a polished wooden chair with two men standing either of her side. She tried to kill Alberto, but she did that for me

She killed my mother too.. Can I really trust her? A mother I am not very sure about because at this point after so much.. she was still a mystery to me

She was offered a glass of water which she politely declined. Her eyes were cast downwards not once looking up. Please look at me, Rose.. Please..but she didn't! she just sat there trying to block the world out