Chapter 17

I was completely paralysed. Dungeons is that some sort a jail. I swallow hard seeing the guard give a nod in my direction. Everything just eventually connects to my mother. "Don't we have Beta Vincent, please do inform him" I hear her cold, indifferent voice continue.

"But Luna.."

"She is not mated yet, know better than to question that" He sighs and looks at me expressionlessly. I can feel his anxiety, being in that position you just couldn't disappoint Alberto, he was a ticking bomb. Mates are more precious than any other sub divided authority, that's what I have learnt but that wouldn't be our case. Alberto would prefer discussing issues with his enemies than me.

I am clearly not a person to decide, he will never give me that authority but an intense need to meet Nick..was eating me up. He can answer all of my queries. A reliable, actual source I can converse my worries out.

"Isn't Delta here atleast? You can speak to him"

"I would like to be informed regarding all matters when my Alpha isn't here to address one"

Dane walks in standing tall and rigid. He gives me a undeterred bow and proceeds his eyes solely on the guilty guard.

"You know better than to trouble out Luna with issues like these."He talks to him in a scolding tone and then for the first time makes an eye contact, I take a step back seeing how lifeless he looks. He looks like crime

"How are you faring Luna? I hope you are comfortable here"

"They are taking good care of me" I give him an unexpected smile. Shock was plastered all over his face, maybe he expected a vile comment from my mouth. I was a spirited girl and I am sure Alberto had tales narrating about me being hard to tame. Gone were those days, days where I spoke my mind out. If there is something I have developed in these past seven months then it's patience.

" I haven't quite seen you around" he eyes me silently and a minute later replies back

"I was busy with work" an expected response. He looks to Rose and addresses her,
"I hope your health is not an issue now"

"I am doing well young man, and now that I don't have that blue creature attending to my needs, I have a positive recovery."

Lexi was long throw out of the place, she was caught seducing a mated man. She suffered a lot before they threw her out, it's been four months now. I was too lost in my own world to pay any attention to what was happening around the castle. Dane made sure she had learnt her lesson, of course she saw no harm in seducing a married man, that girl was clueless about mates yet she wasn't spared. If I think about it I have a feeling that Dane had something up against that girl, for one whole week she was tied to a pole in the forest and became a laughing stock. I wonder how damaged she would have felt, no one deserves such cruelty and I am shocked to know that no one felt for her this way.

That's the line where them and I differ, I still have traces of humanity in me. Dane was a twin of Alberto, the way he talks the way he stands,I have a feeling  he respects his Alpha way too much. He doesn't like me much because of the trouble I have given to him, it was quite a scandle.

He found nothing wrong in what Alberto did to me that night, giving me  perfect reason to call them animals. "Can I talk to Nick"
Everyone freezes listening to my question. " Absolutely not!" Rose's stern voice comes out as a command. I ignore her my eyes plead Dane who was looking at me shocked.

"I deserve to know this Dane, I promise I won't be long"

"Do you even realise what you are speaking child" shaking her head Rose starts dragging me out, I get frustrated with every passing second.