Chapter 8

Right from the moment I said yes to this disastrous nightmare, I have been feeding myself too high. My vision about my own self changed drastically. I was no longer a women sticking to her needs and wants. I was now a dependent. I was-am reluctant to accept this, but who am I to hide the truth. Blank. I was completely blank. What's happening and what is going to happen is a mystery. And the worst part of it was I am beginning to accept this fact. I was clueless, I haven't felt this low in my entire life, not even when I didn't have money to buy a proper course.

Its a constant failure, all I am doing is nurturing my needs and pushing them past by labelling them insignificant. Or trying to remind myself to wait until the next time. I am beyond upset. I will head nowhere with as such pace. I have to put my brains in use. Its evident that no one will help me here, they are busy celebrating my presence in this castle, or that's what I think.

"Come on take a bite, its been past fifteen minutes that you have been staring at your dear food Emerald"

I push away the spoon in my hand and gulp down a glass of cool water. I Have lost my appetite, and *cough* I'm trying to punish my traitorous body because of its been constantly ditching me in someone's presence.

"I am full Rose." I dramatically add. The only way to deal with Rose is to put up so much of expression in your words.

"Nonsense, come one eat up. You are getting married soon. Put on a little" she had to remind that din't she? In fact I myself am confused about this marriage. One moment I feel its easy to look down into the matters and get myself the hell away from that animal, but the next moment I feel so useless! Its impossible to free myself on this hell. Freedom was rare here and I am not used to it.

"Alberto would be upset-

"-I don't care!" my reply comes out arrogantly.

Her eyes become wide as saucers and the room encloses in dead silence. I massage my temples and look right into her eyes. What am I doing! Here condition will worsen. I just cant behave this way. Act immature
"I..."

"I understand darling, marriage is a big decision. Its natural to be insecure"

How do I express myself, its not marriage insecurity that's eating me up.

"---But do not worry, Alberto will take care of you."

Slap

"Y-you are aware about the tradition here little one?"

I rest my chin on my palms and gaze at her suspiciously. I could here the faint sounds of cutlery being moved by the maids. I paid my attention to none, even the fact that I was sitting on some gigantic table filled with every piece of sophistication. All I wanted to do was deter myself off any of these amenities, and that was a failure.

"All I know is I am getting married Rose, and thank you very much for hiding the fact that Alberto is a wolf" I sarcastically add.

"I had no time, we very conveniently busy in matters and works"

"-I do understand that but still..it just feels sot odd"

Her hand laces with my soft ones and she gently gives it a squeeze. I was glad that I could look up to someone in my life. Rose is everything I wanted at the time of extreme hardship. She loved me the moment I was born. Mom was her good friend, might I add only friend. But that fact neither affects nor concerns my perspective.

"So you know about the conditions right?"

I sigh

"Just how do you know about these stuff?"