Chapter 16

Thank you for not giving up on this story.

***

Seven months later...

"What about the chocolate?" I raised my head at Rose who was busy frowning at the owen, poor thing had to endure her hard beating and thrashing, I squint my eyes trying my best to look through the dark shades of the small electronic box which has both of us exhausted.

"Trust me Emerald, I haven't lost my touch this bloody thing is getting on my nerves"

I puff out a sigh and walk closer towards the bent old lady. My hair was flowing in all directions because of the hostility of the weather today.

" Let me try.." I feebly say her. I hunch down facing the square box, well this is a very bad idea. I have zero knowledge on anything related to food and kitchen and trust me I wasn't good with owen too. I can manage an old model but this seemed an automatic, professional kind. They scare me, their automatic understanding undermines my weak knowledge about technology.

" You should know it darling, a modern day kid"

" Believe me Rose I am quite rural here" I gesture towards the electronic thing.

Our chocolate cupcakes were blocked in, undercooked and a disaster. Both of us stood there disappointed and helpless. We had so much planned for today, we wanted to experiment different things, ninety percent of which Rose had planned and ready but the old lady lacked any knowledge of new modified version of kitchens and this place was epitome of that.

Me? Well I was hopeless from the start. What else could we down now except look at the delicious eatable we dreamed of preparing.

"Now, lets call someone shall we they would surely help"

I nod a little and turn around, I walk straight out of the kitchen to find someone to help us out , it's usually loaded with people walking all around too busy to spare a glance but today being full moon most of them wanted to spend it with their families and mates and the staff population today was nonexistent.

We still have two-three workers who refused to leave the premises, leave their Luna unattended. I sigh there is nothing I could do to change their perspective.

The day was processing really fast, the darkening of the sky casted a dark shadow. I was never one for bad weather, I prefer sunny days with fresh warm breeze.

Strolling helplessly among the gigantic castle I find two women trimming the garden grass. I increased my pace to reach them both of them were startled seeing me there.

I faintly smile and them " I need a little help in the kitchen can any of you accompany me there? If you are done here.."

Both of Thier postures become rigid and astonished the blonde lady warmly replies " lead the way Luna"

I smile back at her and together both of us start heading towards the kitchen in the north wing.

"You people have your hands always full, don't you get tired?"

I can only expect the amount of exhaustion they face after completing their work only to return to it the next day, so monotonous and sad.

"We are done by eight in the night dinner would be last thought, however I would like to apologise for the inconvenience Agatha and I were sure to prepare lunch but madam.."

I wave it of with my hand, it was Rose and I who requested them to leave us with the kitchen today both of us wanted to prepare our own lunch which failed so we ordered something and settled to make our lunch dessert, atleast we tried to.