Who hurt you?

He stopped eating and aggressively set his form on his plate.  He got up and folded the napkin and set it on the table and went to wash his plate.  He seemed angry about the fact that I asked that.

"Someone hurt you... who?" I asked setting my fork down. 

"No one hurt me!" He said and slapped his hand on the counter.   "No one hurts me, no one.   No one hurts any of us.   Except for kevin.  We are all here for him.   People hurt him that's why we are here.   I'm here because his mother hurt him.  Alot." He said angrily growing louder the more he spoke.  He walked toward me quickly and showed me his scared hands.   His mother is a monster so he needed me.  I made things clean I kept everything in order and then she'd leave me alone, I mean him.   We are all needed.  Some more than others.   I know what's best for him.  I know how to protect him." He said and pulled his hands back from in front of me and rubbed his face the best he could around his glasses.  He ran both his hands through his hair then slammed his fist against the wall. "No one hurt me.  They hurt him. I'm here to protect him."  He said.   For once he sounded... vulnerable.  

"I'm sorry.   The ones you love, the ones who raise you should never hurt you.     No one should ever be afraid of of their own family." I said honestly.  I in a way understand.  He created Dennis in order to protect himself. I get in trouble to protect myself. 

"You know how it feels to be betrayed.   To be hurt by family...  you have nightmares.   You understand me.  You are special." He crouched down in front of me to be eye level and grabbed my hands.   I knew there was a reason to take you.  I knew there was a reason to keep you.  You are starting to see things my way.  I can't wait to tell Patricia about this.  She was wrong about you." He sounded happy and stood up.   "This is spectacular." 

"I think you are awesome.   You are amazing... all of you.  I don't know how you became the beast but he is so strong... it's like something out of a movie.  You are all so cool." I said hoping each word I said was correct.  I wanted to build his ego.   Build his trust.  I needed him to trust me.   I wanted him to think I believed in him.   I didn't believe a word I said.  He was scary not amazing.  He was a murderer not powerful.  He was a monster not unique.  I just wanted to be free.   To be alone. 

This man was sick.  This man had multiple personality disorder.   We went over list of mental disorders in health class.  There is more than one personality inside of one head.   Many people believe that it's something a sick person does for attention or to get away with stuff.   It's hard to think it's fake after what I went through.   Each personality is different.  A couple of his happened to be crazy.   A crazy man with crazy personalities.   Deep down Kevin wasn't a bad guy.   He wanted to stop them.  He told me where the gun is.  He wanted me to kill him.  

When I was watching his videos before I escaped, I learned more about each personality.   I learned insights to him.  Berry talked a lot on one of the videos about Dennis. With having to deal with him I know how to upset him.  I know how to get on his good side.  

"My I go to my room now.   I'd like to shower." I asked and stood up slowly. 

"You may.   I'll be up to fix your bandage after." He said and grabbed my plate and set it in the sink.  He started to wipe down the table.   As I limped away I looked back to see him organizing everything.  Slightly movie a vase, the little things.