Don't Betray Dennis

Dennis came in.   Well not dennis.   I'm so used to him being in charge.   I really only see Kevin as Dennis.   I don't get to see the others within him.   Unless it's Patricia and hedwig.   I rarely get to see them anymore.   I probably see them only a couple of times a day.   

I was sat on the bed curled up and watching tv.   I wasn't actually watching it I was more in my own head thinking.   How would I get out.  How would I find help.   What if he found me first.  What if he had the beast find me because I betrayed them.   I was drifting off.  

"M'names Rowan.  I'm here to fix the bathroom because Dennis is a lil' baby." He chuckled.   He brought me out if my trance.   

"Okay." I acknowledge him quietly.  It was weird meeting new ones.   It was like a stranger approaching me each time. 

"Listen I'm gonna get this fixed, then imma be on my way.   I'll get out of ur hair in no time."  I nodded and took a deep breath.  

"Can you explain why the personalities are here? Dennis said he needed him.   Kevin did.   He kept things clean so the fowl woman would leave him alone.   What about you?" I asked.   I was probably over stepping my boundry.  I watched as he grabbed a wrench and went to work tightening stuff. 

"Listen," He sighed.   "Most of us came because we were needed.   Dennis kept shit clean and his ma didn't fuck with him.   Later in his life when kev' was older, about 15 his mom complained about him never fixing stuff.   His dad was gone.   Kevin was the 'man' who was suppose to do everything.    Kevin couldn't fix shit.  Neither could Dennis. Yeah everyone knows how to use a drill but I knew more.   Well I got my hands on every book I could and I learned electrical and plumbing and construction.   I fixed things so Kevin would be left alone.   Berry, Berry is here because he got picked on by girls.   Small ways.  Just small meaningless things.   But girls hurt kev.   His mom and the girls in school.   Berry is gay.   He denies it but he is.   He also took an eye for fashion.   Like most gays do.   Berry is also like the dad we never had.   Patricia was suppose to be a caring motherly figure.   She turned out stern and uptight.   But she cared.   Hedwig is the child he never got to be.    He colors and makes a mess and plays.   Things he never got to do."

"Oh." I nodded.  I wasn't sure what to say.   This information could help me gain his trust though.  The more I know the better.  

"Listen.  Don't tell Dennis I told you.  I don't think he's listening in.  Well  I'm all done pretty lady." He said and turned the water on.   I didn't see any leaks.  I sure there must have been some.   I smiled.  

"Thank you.   I'm not to found of the bathroom down the hall." 

"Listen.  I only want what's best for kevin.   You being here probably isn't.   Neither are us.   I know Dennis will want that beast back again.   This isn't our body.  This is kevins.   If you can stomach it there's something to protect yourself behind the toilet.   I gotta go before they figure out what I've done." He said and left.   He wore jeans.  Jeans and a white t shirt underneath.    He wore a truckers hat and a smile.    I like to try and notice the outfits.   That's usually how I tell who is who.  That and facial expressions.   Rowan had a gentle friendly face.    I went to the bathroom and peeked behind the toilet.   He left me a hammer. That was good.

I made my way to the bed and curled up again.   My door swung open and it was Dennis.  He brought a chair and set it down.  He wiped it down with a cloth and sat down.   He stared at me and then the tv.  

"Turn it off." He said the TV was playing the news.  His face flashed all over it.  Wanted for murder and kidnapping.  And my face 'still missing.  Presumed dead'  I got up and turned it off.   

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.   I was scared.   He was acting the same when he opened the door that first day we were taken and he wanted my friend to dance.   He was aggressive and stern.   Stone cold face.   His eyes dark and uninviting.  

"Do you have anything to tell me?" He asked. 

"No.  I - I haven't done anythinh.   I swear."

"What's about Rowan?"

"He fixed the bathroom."

"That's it?"

"Yes, sir."

"I like when you call me sir." He smirked a little then went back to his stone cold face.  
"I know what he told you.   You smiled when he called you pretty lady.  Also you just lied to me.  He left you a hammer.   I know everything.   Were you going to hit me with it?  I thought we were starting to get along?" He was angry.  

"I'm sorry, dennis.   I wanted to keep it.   I get scared.   You hurt me before.   What if the beast came back."

"He isn't to touch you.   You are not for him." He grinned.  That's what Patricia told us before, when we were for that monster.    He got up and pushed me to the bed so I was down flat. He got over me. I started to push at him and hit him.   It didn't work.  It never does. He weighed a million tons it seemed.  It was like a baby duck standing up to a monster truck.

"Dennis stop it!" I screamed. 

"Why? Why would I do that? You're mine Casey, I don't have to listen to you.   You don't need that hammer, and you shouldn't lie to me!" He shouted angrily.  

"I wish I could hit you with it now." I hissed and squirmed underneath him.

"Go get it." He dared as he moved off me and straightened his clothes. I didn't move.  I knew if I did he would go after me.  It was a test.   I know exactly how to ace it. 

"No... Dennis I don't want to hurt you." I hung my head for dramatic effect as I sat up.  "I don't want to hurt any of you.   You all have been hurt enough."  Not enough I thought.  "I'm sorry I shot you before.   I'm glad you didn't get hurt to badly. " still lying.   I don't know how that freaks alive. "Dennis.   Forgive me please." He was standing at the edge of my bed. I crawled over and kneeled up so I was face to face well.. face to chest.   The bed gave me extra height but he was a big man.  I looked up at him and slid my hands up his chest.    I looked up to him.  "Please forgive me." I hate myself for this.  Trying to seduce him.  I felt dirty.   His chest rose and fell in rhythm.  His mouth was closed, and I could here the sound of him breathing through his nose.  It was so quiet.    He looked down.  Still angry and cooked a crooked smile.   His hands slowly went down my sides.   I thought I had won.   It wasn't really a win but maybe he'll trust me a bit again.   He pushed me back.  He grabbed my leg and squeezed it.  "FUCK! STOP DENNIS PLEASE STOP!" I screamed and cried in pain.   He let go. 

"Don't betray me ever again." He said emotionless.