Hogwarts Letter

Krestena's POV

I'm relaxing in my room reading my Uncle's old school books. It was my birthday yesterday and I am waiting for my Hogwarts letter. My name is Krestena Rachel Black and I am a witch. A pureblood according to my uncle, not that I cared about my blood status. I have a snowy owl that is almost completely white, except for a few brown spots on her tail. Her name is Snowy. "Krestena the post has arrived and there's a letter for you!" my uncle calls me from downstairs.

"Coming Uncle Remus!" I call back marking my place in his old potion book. When I reached the stairs I slid down the railing as Snowy flew beside me. I landed perfectly and Snowy perched on my shoulder.

"Bravo, but when will you use the stairs?" Uncle Remus asks from where he sat in the living room.

"Where's the fun in that?" I ask as I say across from him and he gave me my letter. "It's my Hogwarts letter!" I squeal in excitement opening it, while he chuckles. I decided to read it aloud even though there were three pieces of parchment:

"Dear Ms. Krestena Black,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September first . We await your owl by no later than July thirty-first.Yours sincerely,Minerva McGonagallDeputy Headmistress(Second page)UNIFORMFirst-year students will require:Three sets of plain work (black)
One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
One pair of protective gloves ( hide or similar)
One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.COURSE BOOKSAll students should have a copy of each of the following:The Standard Book of Spells (Grade one) By  Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic By Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory By  Adalbert Waffling

A Beginners Guide to Transfiguration By  Emeric  Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi By Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions By Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them By Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces Guide:  A Guide To Self Protection By Quentin Trimble

(Third page)OTHER EQUIPMENT1 Wand1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)1 Set of glass or crystal phials1 Telescope1 Set of brass scales Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS

ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK" I finish reading my letter. "When can we go get my things?" I ask with excitement in my eyes. This would be my first time going anywhere magical. We live in the muggle world and Uncle Remus hardly uses any magic in fear of being seen by the muggles.

"You can go on the weekend, but I am afraid I cannot go" Uncle Remus tells me. I frown and look at the calendar on the wall to see it was a full moon on the weekend. Yes, I know my uncle is a werewolf I figured it out five years ago. But I really wanted him to go with me my first time to Diagon Alley.

"No, I'll wait until you are well so we will go on the 31st" I state firmly and he shakes his head chuckling. "But we must reply to the letter first" I say and went over to the writing desk. Once I got an ink bottle, quill and a piece of parchment I started to write my letter.

Dear Professor McGonagall,

My name is Krestena Black and I have just received my Hogwarts acceptance letter. So I am writing this to let you know I will be attending Hogwarts at the start of term. Please say hello to Hagrid and Professor Dumbledore for me.

Yours Sincerely,

Krestena Black

I put the letter in an envelope and sealed it before giving it to Snowy. "Please take this to Professor McGonagall" I tell her and she nods her head before flying out the window. Yes, I know some of the Hogwarts staff. Dumbledore is always giving me sweets, McGonagall is like a grandmother to me and Hagrid looked after me occasionally. "There all done, now I'll go prepare dinner" I state heading to the kitchen.

"Krestena why don't we celebrate and just order pizza" Uncle Remus suggests.

"That's a marvelous idea Uncle" I say and he chuckles picking up the phone. "I'll get the butter beer" I tell him and head to the fridge. As I poured the glasses Uncle Remus ordered the pizza. A BBQ meat-lovers for him and pepperoni for me, though we do share both pizzas. After dinner we put the left overs in the fridge for breakfast the next day.

"Goodnight Krestena sweet dreams" Uncle Remus says giving me a hug kissing my forehead.

"Uncle Remus can you tell me a story of your school days?" I ask pouting slightly. He sighed nodding his head and I lead the way to my room. "Can you tell me the story how your friends became Animagi to help you on full moons?" I ask getting under my red quilt covers.

"I think you know that story better then me now" he states chuckling. But he told it any way and I fell asleep as he started to talk about their first full moon together. I dreamed of want it would be like if Dad was with us instead of in prison. However, no one can replace my Uncle Remus.

A/N

Picture above of Hogwarts letter and picture in the external link of Snowy.