First Flying Lesson

Krestena's POV

It was now Wednesday and we were having our first ever flying lesson in Hogwarts. I stood next to Hermione who stood next to Seamus as we stood opposite Harry and Ron. Madame Hooch arrived saying 'good afternoon class' and we all returned the greeting saying 'good afternoon Madame Hooch.'

Madame Hooch then told us to stand next to a broom and stick our right hand over it and say 'up.' We did so and three brooms went straight to the students hand. Harry, Draco and I. While Hermione's just rolled on the floor and Ron's whacked him in the nose making me giggle while Harry chuckled. He told us to shut up and soon everyone had their broom in hand.

"Now that you have hold of your broom, I want you to mount it" Madame Hooch states. We all do so and she goes around correcting us. Draco looked pleased until she said "you are not mounting it correctly Mr Malfoy." But Draco said he'd be mounting a broom this way for years "well you have been mounting it wrong for years and I am surprise you never hurt yourself. Now look at Miss Black and Mr Potter they mounted their brooms perfectly. They are naturals" she finishes explaining sending me a smile while Draco glared at Harry.

"On my whistle I want each of you to kick off from the ground hard, keep your broom steady, hover for moment, then lean forward and touch back down" Madame Hooch instructs. She counted to three and blew her whistle. It went well except for Neville losing control of his broom and flying into a gargoyle.

As he fell I drew out my wand and pointed it at him saying "Arresto Momentum." He slowed down and touched the ground lightly holding his wrist in pain. "Is he alright Madame Hooch?" I asked as I approached them with the rest of the class.

"He has a broken wrist, all of you keep your feet firmly on the ground. While I take Mr Longbottom to the hospital wing. If I see a single broom in the air the one riding it will be out of this school before they can say Quidditch" she states. Before walking away with Neville while Draco bent down to pick something up.

"Did you see the look on his face? I bet if he gave this a squeeze he would have remembered to fall on his fat arse" Draco states making the Slytherins laugh. Both Harry and I stepped forward when we saw him holding Neville's Remembrall he had received this morning.

"Give it here Malfoy/Draco" Harry and I say together holding out our free hands as the other was still holding our brooms.

"No I think I'll leave it for Longbottom to find" Draco states mounting his broom wrongly taking to the sky. "How about on the roof?" he asks flying higher. "What's the matter Potter, cus? A bit beyond your reach?" he asks us smirking.

Harry and I mounted our brooms before flying up to met Draco ignoring Hermione's protests. "Harry distract him while I steal back the remembrall" I whisper to Harry. He nods his head and approaches Draco while I circle around to the side.

"Give it here Malfoy or I'll knock you off your broom" Harry tells him. As Draco tossed the remembrall in the air taunting Harry, I flew full speed towards him and caught the remembrall. He looked shocked as Harry smiled and our fellow Gryffindors cheered.

"You really need to pay more attention dear cousin" I taunt him smirking. He tried to knock me off my broom making me drop the Remembrall. Harry dived after it as I dodged Draco and he landed on the ground next to his friends.

When Harry caught the remembrall I cheered with the other Gryffindors. We both landed to receive pats on the backs from our fellow Gryffindors. "Harry Potter, Krestena Black" McGonagall's called and we all turned to look at her. "Follow me" she states and we follow her as I notice the Slytherin first years laughing quietly.

I secretly point my wand at them and whisper "Silencio" making them all go silent. Then quickly put my wand in my pocket as we enter the castle. Professor McGonagall lead us towards our D. A. D. As room where fifth years were having a class with Professor Quirrell.

"Wait here please" she tells us when we reach the hallway the D. A. D. A class is in. She walked over to the door to the classroom, but we could still hear want she was saying. "Excuse me Professor Quirrell, may I borrow Wood for a moment please?" she asks. We didn't hear a reply, but a fifth year Gryffindor came out of the classroom.

"Potter, Black this is Oliver Wood" Professor McGonagall states when she and the boy reached us.

"The Quidditch captain of the Gryffindor team?" I ask and she nods her head.

"Wood I have found you a seeker and chaser" McGonagall tells him smiling. Oliver was excited and took us down to the Quidditch pitch. Professor McGonagall gave the three of us the rest of the day off classes. So that Oliver could go through the basics for Quidditch with us. Which Harry needs as he has never heard of Quidditch.

A/N

Gif above of broom whacking Ron in the nose