CHAPTER ONE

People crowded the bar as Danielle sipped on her vodka tonic, her eyes examining the area for her friend

               People crowded the bar as Danielle sipped on her vodka tonic, her eyes examining the area for her friend. She and Rebecca had both passed their BOARDS exam and decided to celebrate by hitting up the closest bar, getting piss drunk, and taking a taxi back to Danielle's place where they would crash. But Rebecca vanished before Danielle's eyes, leaving the brunette at the bar all alone. "Hey." Or maybe not. She turned on the stool, spotting a man with vibrant blue eyes. A smile crossed her features, the small yellow straw still bitten between her teeth. "Hi," she cooed with an intoxicated giggle. She examined the way his shirt clung to his chest, a band logo she had never seen decorating the gray fabric. "You here alone?" She smirked. "Nah. I'm with friends. You?"

     He chuckled. "Colleagues." She nodded at his words, once again wrapping her lips against the thin straw before chugging down the rest of her beverage. "Can I buy you another one?" She pondered on the thought. He smiled at her with a gleam in his eyes that made her stomach turn. "Why not? I'm celebrating!" She cheered over the loud, live music echoing through the air. His eyebrows raised in curiosity. "Celebrating? Celebrating what?" He waved the bar tender over. The slender man moved from behind the counter with a grin, locking eyes with Danielle. "Vodka tonic, please," she hummed before turning her attention back to the man in front of her. "I'm celebrating because I just passed my BOARDS exam." He looked even more confused at her words. "I'm a labor and delivery nurse."

     "No way!" he chuckled. His eyes lit up excitedly, his bottom hitting the stool beside her. "Way," she replied, widening her eyes for emphasis. "What's it like? Being around babies all the time?" She hummed, nodding a thanks to the bar tender once he placed her drink before her. "I love babies. Always have. So, its amazing. Plus I'm doing it with my best friend, so there's a plus," she explained with a simple shrug. His eyes lowered to her plump lips wrapped around the new thin straw, his teeth chewing his own bottom lip. "That's hot, you know?" She giggled, playfully shoving the man's shoulder. "Oh, yeah?" He leaned forward, his eyes narrowed in exaggeration. "Yeah. Like, really hot. You're really hot." She tossed her dark locks over her shoulder before batting her thick lashes.

     "Then why don't you take me home?"

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓