CHAPTER NINETEEN

"WHAT IF he's trying to kill us?" Danny whispered, taking careful steps

                    "WHAT IF he's trying to kill us?" Danny whispered, taking careful steps. Dean chuckled at the slight worry lacing her words. "What? You scared, Singer?" He didn't expect her to push him over. He stumbled through the space with a surprise scoff. "Round back. Take the elevator down," the bartender explained. Danny glared at the Winchester. "Hostile. I don't like this side of Danielle." She poked her tongue out toward the male. As they approached the elevator, a loud clatter echoed within their ears. They stopped in their tracks, Dean's hand flying to the knife hidden within his pocket.

          "Dad?" Shock was evident on Danielle's face as Bobby Singer wheeled out of the darkness. "Bobby? What the hell are you doing here?" Dean asked. Bobby scoffed at the question. "Planting daisies. What's it look like? Came in on the case." Danny walked toward him. "Why didn't you tell us you were coming?" Dean chuckled from behind her. "And how did you beat us here?" She shot a harsh glare toward Dean over her shoulder. The look shut him up instantly. "Well, brains trumps legs, apparently. Besides, we'd be wasting time arguing over whether or not I should come, anyway." Danny crossed her arms over her chest. "So, let's not fight now, either."

          "I think we should talk about this!" Bobby shook his head at his daughter. "No point." He turned his wheelchair back toward the elevator. Danny glanced toward Dean with an exasperated expression, practically begging him to talk to her father. "So, you found the game?" She pushed Dean again, but this time he stuck his ground. He grabbed her wrists, giving her a stern glare. "Yep," Bobby replied. Danny and Dean both turned to look at Bobby. "Did you stop it?" she asked. Bobby remained silent. The only sound that could be heard was the squeaking of his wheels. "Dad?" He suddenly stopped and turned to face his daughter and Dean. "Not exactly."

          Oh, God, Danny thought as her stomach tightened in anticipation. "What did you do?" Dean asked. He had released Danielle's wrists, his body turned fully toward Bobby. "I played, okay?" Danielle released a heavy breath. "And?" Bobby's eyes met those of his daughter. "I lost." Her whole body ran cold at the news. She felt tears growing behind her eyes. "I'm going to need another drink."

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓