CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"No, I really don't want to talk about it," she huffed, landing hard on the chair sitting outside of Bobby's house

                    "No, I really don't want to talk about it," she huffed, landing hard on the chair sitting outside of Bobby's house. Dean was tired. His eyes were still droopy with sleep. "You do realize that you didn't have to get out, right? Sam's probably thinking something's going on between us." Dean lazily smiled over at the girl, taking the seat right next to her. "Hell, let him." She nudged his arm as her own lips stretched into a wide smile. He studied the side of her face like it would show him the wonders of the world, or solve all of his life problems. He figured she was the key to happiness, with their prophecy and all. A child to end all monsters for good, that sounded like a plan to Dean, but not to Danny.

"Well, I apologized to Sammy. Someone made me realize that maybe I was being a bit of a dick." She turned her head to face Dean, her eyebrows raised in surprise. "Who knew Dean Winchester had a heart?" she joked. He stared up at the stars twinkling above them. It was nice to not be running to and from monsters and just enjoying someone's company. Danny missed it. "When Court came home from rehab the first time, she had faked being okay. She still got high and she still made really poor decisions. And I got so mad at her because she had almost died before she agreed to go to rehab in the first place." She puffed out her cheeks in an attempt to lessen the swelling of tears.

          "I was ruthless. I called her names and I belittled how she was feeling because I was scared. I was scared that I would walk into her apartment one day and she'd be dead." Dean's eyes traveled back over to the brunette. She looked so broken, torn apart from guilt and grief. "I apologized to her again and again, and she forgave me. Sometimes I question if I ever deserved her forgiveness, you know?" Their eyes clashed and both felt that unfamiliar tight feeling in their chests. It was like a magnetic pull. Dean was speechless. "I guess what I'm trying to say is," she dropped her eyes only for a moment before facing Dean once more, "don't push him away. Sam's your brother. He loves you," she spoke gently. She looked back to her lap, trying to clear her head of the painful memories.

          "Danny..." The brunette began to stand, brushing her fingers through her hair. She turned abruptly to look at Dean. "Hmm?" He stood next to her, his eyes not once leaving hers. Should he kiss her? Should he hug her? He wanted to comfort her and feel how warm she was. He wanted to touch her, in the most innocent sense. He reached for her hand, collecting it between his fingers. Her wide eyes dropped to the action. "Thanks." He threw her a lopsided grin before letting her hand fall back to her side. She watched as he walked right back to the Impala where Sam waited.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓