CHAPTER TWO

"Look, all I'm saying is that you're gonna get hungry," Courtney explained

                    "Look, all I'm saying is that you're gonna get hungry," Courtney explained. She held two stuffed bags from the nearest gas station, her favorite pair of sunglasses covering her dark circled eyes. "For actual food. All of this is plain sugar," Danielle explained with a chuckle. Once the blonde sat the bags down into the front seat, the Singer girl went to digging. "Honey buns. Sour patch kids. Peanut butter Bugles." Courtney frowned at her friend. "Hey! Bugles are your favorites. Stop complaining. I even got you an I—CEE." Danielle took the large cup, noticing the light weight to it. "You drank over half of it." Her eyebrows lowered in disbelief, her lips parted in shock. Courtney's pale skin began to turn pink as she scratched through her blonde hair. "Yeah, that may have been mine." She chuckled before switching the two cups, giving Danielle the blue raspberry treat.

     "Becca told me to tell you to drive safer than usual." Courtney leaned against the car. She didn't know what to say. Danielle was her confidant and losing her for a few days scared her. "I'm sure, Becca did." Danielle pulled the frail girl into her arms with a smile. Her nose buried within her coconut scented locks that always felt smoother than a baby's bottom. Her arms clung to her small waist with just enough pressure that they were both comfortable. "I'll be back before you know it. You'll be okay." She pressed a long kiss to the blonde's head, her sienna eyes squeezed closed. Courtney hated the fact that her bright eyes were beginning to rim red as tears collected within them, threatening to spill over her prominent cheekbones. "Call me, though. It's always good to hear your voice after sessions."

     Danielle stroked her curled hair with a grin, nodding silently in response. Courtney stood there, looking at a very thoughtful looking brunette. "God, I'm just overreacting. I'll be fine. I won't be alone the whole time." Courtney didn't know, however, if she believed that. Her and Rebecca were friends, but Rebecca was no Danielle. Danny finally pulled herself away from the blonde and nodded once more. "And you can always text Carlos back," she whispered teasingly, her fingers lingering at the girl's wrist. The pads of her fingers traced over the girl's scars, her throat seeming to tighten. "When I call, please pick up, okay?" Courtney quickly nodded in response, once again wrapping herself around the brunette. "I always do, hon."

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓