Chapter 4: Danger

I answer her. I had to, she would have come down faster if I hadn't. "Yes, mom?"

"Who are you talking too?" Her voice is coming closer.

"No one, mom. Stay up there, everything is fine." I could hear the panic in my own voice. Creak. Creak. Creak. "Mom? Stay up there. Get a little more sleep. "

"No, I'm already coming down. I have to work, honey." Honey? Oh no....Oh no.... Her head peaks around the doorway. "Oh! We have visitors? Why didn't-" A red blur shoots across my vision, cutting her off. The next thing I knew, my mother is limp on the ground, dead. Her shriek was the last thing I heard of her. I run over to her and kneel down.

"Are you ready..." William trails off as I look up and he sees my deadly expression.

"No. I will never, ever come with you. I will fight against it to my very last breath. So don't even try," I turn, ready to go, when I hear Amelia start to argue with him.

"Willaim, if she doesn't come we'll have to kill her," she points out to him.

"I know," he responds, "Oh, and Amelia, next time, could you wait to kill? I don't want to traumatize Sage even more." So it was Amelia. She was so fast that I hadn't seen her face. I just heard my mother. I should have guessed, though, because of that red blur. Funny, Amelia was the only one I liked. Now I hate all of them. I can just see it. Them entering the house of the crippled, the blinded, the useless, in their minds. A shriek, a cry, and in the morning the whole family is gone, under the ground, dead. I always knew it was right to be afraid of the dark.

................................................................................................................................................................

Hey-o!

Sorry this was short, I'm going to try and update tomorrow.

Have a beautiful night/day!