Chapter 30.

Cole's POV

It was the day of the game. My team was a bit nervous because this school was really really good. Coach told them not to worry and that he has faith in us. He also made sure I bring Lex with me.

Lex was with me. She was wearing a replica of my soccer jersey. All of us in the team have one and we give it to anyone we want. Usually we give it to our girlfriends or whoever will be cheering us on.

A bark snaps me out of my thoughts. I look around and see Cola running towards me. I chuckle and open my arms out for him. He jumps into my arms and licks my face.

"Hey Buddy!! Glad you could make it." I say, petting his head.

"Where's Lexi?" I ask him.

Just as I say that, a pair of hands cover my eyes. I chuckled, automatically knowing who it is.

"Hmmm I wonder who this is..." I trail off

"Is it...Chase? No the hands are too soft." I continue to fake ponder

"Is it Ariana? Hmm...No. " I remove the hands and turn around. I grab Lexi by her waist and pull her closer to me.

"Ariana isn't as pretty as this person."

"Hi." I say breathlessly

"Hi." She giggles

"I was right. Ariana is definitely not as pretty as you." I say as I shamelessly check her out

"You're eyes were closed though." She points out

"Yeah. I knew it was you, so I know you're more beautiful than her." I say. She rolls her eyes at me.

"I brought Cole with me if that's okay." She says

"I don't really know if dogs are allowed..." I say

"Cole!!!! There you are" Coach yells

Coach nears us and a smirk crosses his face when he sees Lexi and I. I realized then that I still haven't let go of Lex and that we were still very close to each other. I mentally sighed and let her go.

"Hello Alexa! I'm glad to see you'll be joining us" Coach grins

"Heya Coach! Is it okay if I brought my dog with me? I just couldn't leave him alone." Lexi says

"Of course!!! As long as he behaves." Coach says

"Anyways. Cole, the game is about to start. It's time for the team cap to give some inspirational speech." He tells me

"Okay Coach. I'll be there in a minute." I say. He nods. He gives me a knowing look and Lexi a smile.

"So...how the hell do you know my coach? And why is he so kind to you?" I ask the question that has been nagging me since we first saw Coach smile

"Oh. Coach and his wife used to be our neighbors. They knew about how my family treated me and would help as much as they can. I always refuse their help, especially financially, because they needed it more for the wife's treatment. Coach's wife had breast cancer and they needed the money for her. Since I refused their money, they gave me something else. They gave me family. They cared for me and treated me as if I was family. When Coach's wife died, he moved to a new house. The old one jusy had too many bad memories. He apologized for not being able to help me and I've forgiven him."

"Ohhhhhhhh"

"Yeah. Oh. Now go Mr. Team Captain, give them your speech." She says and tried to push me towards the locker room

"Okay okay I'll go." I say. I hug her tightly and she hugs back

"Goodluck Cole." She says

"Thanks Lex." I smile lightly. I felt her lips on my shoulder and she kisses it ever so softly. I almost missed it. Key word: almost. My smile growns even bigger and I almost didn't want to let go. I had to though.