Chapter 51.

Alexa's POV

It was the day of the state championships.  The whole team was practically dying of nervousness. Even Robin, a guy who doesn't show much emotions, is currently very nervous. I was sitting with Jess and Hailey. Alyssa was with the cheerleaders.

Once the guys walk out of their lockers, Hailey and Jess start screaming like crazy. My eyes widen at what they're doing. I hid my face behind the banner we created for them. I peeked a look and saw the guys laughing and waving at us. We seemed to have made them smile even at a moment like this.

I spot Cole and immediately wave my arms. He sees me and smiles widely. He waves back and blows me a kiss. Instead of doing a cute couple thing, I roll my eyes at him and stick my tounge out.
.
.
.

We were on the lead with the opposing team just 1 point behind us. Time was running out. Our team was so tired and were about ready to give up, but the other team still looked so full of energy. Our team greedily drinking down their water till none was left. They soon went back on the field. I kept my eyes trained at Cole the whole time. I was so worried for him. He was pushing himself way too hard.

One of the members passed the ball to Cole. Cole ran as fast as he could, keeping the ball to himself and himself only. The opposing team almost took the ball, but Cole passed it to Chase. Chase then passed it back to Cole so he could make the goal. Cole successfully made the goal, but it came with a price. He dropped down to the grass, heaving and breathing heavily.

I didn't waste any time. I ran down the bleachers and headed straight for the field. I grabbed Cole's gym bag from the bench and took out his inhaler. Other people got to him before I could, so he was surrounded by a huge crowd. I tried to push them away but I was so tiny. I tried yelling but it was too loud. I couldn't see Cole which freaked me out even more.

The guy in front of me was suddenly shoved away, and my hand was taken into someone else's. I looked up to see Robin shoving people away and telling them off. Chase was dragging me along with them.

We quickly reached Cole, and there we saw Alyssa desperately trying to help him and talk to him. Robin roughly moved her away from him. I gave Cole his inhaler and he took it right away. I sat next to him and hugged him sideways. His breathing started to go back to normal. He then closes his eyes and lays his head on me.

"Congrats Cole..." I whisper. He looks up at me with tired eyes.

"What?" He asks with a croaky voice

"You won the state championships."

He looks up at the board and sees that I was right. We won. Cole shot the final goal and won us the state champions. He looked up at me with a smile. He cuddles into my side and soon falls asleep in my arms.

"Here. Let's take him to the nurse's office." Chase offers. Robin manages to pick up Cole.

"Nah. Let's take him home." I say. They both nod their heads. We make our way through the people who were previously crowding us. We stopped though when we heard this.

"RICHMOND HIGH WON THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Screams. Everywhere. Balloons and  streamers fall down. The teams yells in victory. Chase and Robin were beaming with pride. I smile at them.

"CONGRATS!!!"I yell

"THANKS ALEX!!!" They yell back with a wide smile. Well...Chase was smiling; Robin had a grin.

"You guys go celebrate. I'll ask someone else to help take Cole to the car." I say

"Are you sure?? We'reperfectly fine with helping you." Robin says

"Yes!! Now go!!! Be with the team!!!" I say. Robin puts Cole down. They both hug me tightly, and run to the team. I see Hailey and Jess walk over to me with a guy following behind them. I recognize the guy as Matt from the basketball team.

"We thought you'd need some help in carrying this heavy oaf" Hailey laughs

"So we found a random buff dude and made him come with us." Jess says

"Random? I thought we were besties?!" Matt says dramatically.

"Yeah. Emphasis on thought." Jess sasses. We all laugh at that. Matt then struggles to pick up Cole. Once he finally managed,he looked up at us with an accomplished grin

"Dude. That was the funniest thing ever" Jess laughs. Hailey and I were also laughing like crazy

"Hey! This guy is heavy as fuck. Don't judge me." Matt playfully glares at us. We laugh as we walk all the way to the car. Matt lays the tired sleeping Cole down in the backseat.

"Thanks for the help Matt." I say

"No problem!!" He grins

I said goodbye to Hailey and Jess before driving back home. When I reached home I was thankful that Dad was still up and taking the trash out. Yes I call Cole' parents my parents now too. They treat me as their own child. I know I have my own real parents now, but Cole's parents have been like parents to me longer than they have.

I got out of the car and called Dad over. He walked over to me with a smile.

"Hello Alex!! How was the game?" He asks

"We won!!!!" I say with a grin

"That's amazing!!!!" He smiles widely

"Yup! But it came with a price." I purs my lips

"What do you mean?" He asks

"Cole was having symptoms of an asthma attack because he was pushing himself too hard. He's in the backseat, dead asleep." I explain

"This boy." Was all he says.

"Haha yeah...so could you please help carry him to his room?" I ask

"Of course sweetie."

Dad picks Cole up withoutas much struggle as Matt. He carries him all the way to his room. I thank him and wish him goodnight. Once he's out of the room, I grab Cole a new shirt.

I bite my lip as I remove his shirt, revealing his nicely toned abs. I will myself not to stare. I put on his other shirt as quickly as possible. After I changed my own clothes, I layed next to Cole.

"I'm so happy for you Cole. Congratulations, love."

I kiss his cheek, and soon fell asleep.

/////////////////////////////