Chapter 52.

Cole's POV

I sighed and ruffled my hair. I really just wanna be with Lex right now. She was currently at the beach with Brian and his family. She was currently playing with little Axel who I've missed a lot. While she's off doing that, I'm stuck here with Chase and Robin facing the one girl who hurt us all. Me more than most.

"Hey guys..." she smiles lightly at us.

"Let's just get this fucking over with." Chase groans

"I have WAY MORE important things to do." He says

"I'd rather do fuckin homework than be here." Robin huffs

"Let's all just hurry this up." I say

"What do you want." I say to her flatly

"I just...I just wanted to explain and clear things up between us." She says

"Well then hurry up." Chase says. She takes a deep breath before talking

"I love you guys...I did back then and I still do. Robin, you were like my big brother. You're always there to protect me and you always cared about me. Chase, you were my partner in crime. We would do all our mischievous acts together. Cole...you're the love of my life. You're my best friends. My love. I know we were young, but at that time, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you."

"I love you all. So when I found out that we were moving, I didn't want to. The thought of leaving  you guys hurt me so much. I didn't want to leave any of you, especially you Cole. I knew it would hurt to leave you while we're still in love. So I came up with a crazy idea that is actually stupid now that I think of it."

"I thought that if I broke your heart...then you wouldn't care if I left. You'd be mad and wouldn't give a fuck if I had left. So...I went to the party and made sure that Chase and Robin caught me...doing that. That was strike one. The next day I broke up with you through text, and that was strike 2. I then left withouta goodbye or an explanation. That was my strike 3."

"You thought that by doing that, It would lessen the pain?" I laugh humorlessly

"Fuck. No. It just worsened. You hurt me so much. It's really indescribable, the pain that I felt. Ever since you left, everything just went downhill for me. My parents never came back home. I became this huge asshole that bullied an innocent girl. I became a huge player that fucked almost every girl. I was either wasted or hungover most of the time. You mended my heart, only to completely destroy it."

She was now full on sobbing. I admit I felt guilty for making her cry, but she hurt me so much more.

"Please....I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She sobs

I didn't respond. I couldn't. I got up and walked away from there without looking back. I got into my car and drove straight home. Once I got there, I stormed inside. My anger was getting the best of me. I went up to my room, and slammed the door behind me. I plopped down on my head, face first. I buried my head on the pillow and just screamed. I screamed to let out all the anger and frustration. I kept screaming until, I felt a hand on my back.

"It's like your trying to suffocate yourself, but you're also struggling not to be suffocated...does that make any sense?" The familiar voice of Lex fills the room

"No. It doesn't." I chuckle lightly

"Oh well." She shrugs

She lifts my head and sits down so that I was lying on her lap. She then runs her hand through my hair continuously. I let her touch soothe me and calm me down. I relaxed under her touch.

"So...how'd it go?" She asks

"Fuckin terrible." Is my reply

"I figured." She sighs

We sat there in silence for a while. I was starting to fully calm down.

"Cole...remember when you bullied me?" Lex suddenly asks. I cringed;I definitely remember.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You are one of the people who caused me so much pain...yet I forgave you. I gave you a second chance. I put the past behind us and forgave you for hurting me. If I didn't forgive you, things would've been MUCH different." She says. I stay silent. She was right. I caused her so much pain, yet in the end she forgave me. Why?

"Why did you forgive me?" I decided to voice out my thoughts

"Because I believe in second chances. I also believe that you had your reasons that you were that way." She says

"But I was terrible to you"

"You aren't now. You don't hurt me anymore- the complete opposite actually."

She makes me face her.

"I think you should give Alyssa a second chance. You and I worked out really well because I gave you a second chance, so why can't you and Alyssa?" She tells me. She kisses my forehead, and lays down next to me.

"I'll let you think about that. Goodnight Cole" She kisses my cheek. She closes her eyes and falls asleep.

I stare at her in awe. She always knows what to say. It's like she's always right. She was just amazing. I kissed her forehead,amd whispered a soft

"Thanks"

I pulled her close to me,and soon fell asleep with the amazing and beautiful girl in my arms.

/////////////////////////