Chapter 74.

Cole's POV

I went with Lex as she visited her doctor. The doctor listened to Lex as she described what she was feeling. She told the doctor that things have actually started to get better, and she doesn't have to be here that long. The doctor only nodded and said she will think about it. She gave Lex a piece of paper that has stuff to do for meditation and therapy.

That is why we are currently at the garden, sitting in a hamock and talking. Since I am one of Lex's...problems...her and I have to talk things through and fix our relationship again.

"Soooo uhm..." she trails off, trying to find a topic starter.

"I mean...you and I have agreed that we're friends...I think that should mean we're good now, right?" I say

"Yeah that's true."she agrees.

"Soo I'm quite bored...you wanna do something fun?" I ask her.

She nods her head. I take out my phone and   put on a song. I hold out my hand for her to take. She chuckles as she takes it. I put my hand on her waist, and she puts her arms around my neck. We sway along to the song. Our slow dance slowly turns into the waltz. We were both surprisingly good at this. She smiled at me and I smiled at her. We were both in our own little world as we danced amongst the beautiful flowers. As we parted and bowed to each other, I quickly picked a flower and handed it to her. She smiles and hugs me.

"Okay...that was fun." She says

"How did you learn to dance like that?" I ask

"I used to be in a dance group." She shrugs

"What about you? How the hell did you do all that?" She asks me

"I had to attend a cotillion once or twice" I shrug

"Ooooh fancy"

"It wasn't that entertaining." I shrug. It was a lie. I actually had so much fun,especially since Alyssa was always my date. Her and I used to dance all through the night. It was fun, but I liked this dance with Alex better. It was just Me, Her,and all these beautiful flowers.

"I'll admit , Cole, That was quite fun." She smiles

"You know what else is fun?" I ask with an excited grin

"What?"

"I'd like to tell you, but we have to ditch the boring list first" I say

"I always hated that list." She crumples up the list and looks at me expectantly.

We ended up in the kitchen that was provided for patients who find peace in cooking. She baked and I cooked. We cooked so much dishes and even created new ones. We got kinda away, and the only reason we stopped was because a doctor stopped us. We realized that we've used up almost all of the food ingredients, and we've created food enough for an army.

I apologized saying it was my idea and that I'll pay for the restocking of the food.

"No need to apologize. Our goal here is to make our patients smile. It seems that you were able to do that." The doctor smiled widely

"I've seen people cooking before, but something about the way you two work in a kitchen. It's just very...enchanting. I can't quite explain it, but it is very nice to watch both of you work the kitchen. Everything smells great too" He continues

"I think you just helped out our chef's here." He chuckles

Our food was served for dinner. Everyone enjoyed the food we both created. The desserts were the highlight of the whole meal. We all know that desserts are what help heal the pain and lots of the patients looked so peacefull eating their desserts. Lex couldn't stop smiling as she watched the people eat. Her smile grew even larger as she sees a patient who suffered from anorexia shyly ask for a second serving.

That night, as we lay cuddled up in bed, we talk about the good things that have started to happen. Things were looking up for Lex, and that made not only her happy, but also everyone who cares for her.

"After the many many tears that I have shed, things are finally getting better." She says

"Mhm...you deserve it." I say

"Thanks Cole..."

"I really don't deserve a thank you. I am one of the main causes of your pain."

"But you're always the main cause of my happiness...so thank you" she says lookong up at me. I smile widely at her.

"It's my pleasure to see the fair maiden smile" I say. She giggles at the terrible posh accent I did.

I couldn't help msyelf. I kissed her forehead, and let my lips linger for a while. I've missed the feeling of kissing her. I missed the feeling of her lips against mine. Once I pulled away, I smiled lightly at her. I moved and sat up at the edge of the bed.

"I'm gonna go take a shower. You should go to sleep now, you must be very tired" I avoided looking at her in the eyes. Longing was overwhelming me and I didn't want to do anything that might over step the boundary.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and suddenly I felt the soft lips that I've been longing and craving for so long, press against mine. I stood still in shock for about 1 second before kissing back. I let my hands roam all the way down to her waist. Her arms wrapped around my neck like they used to. I kissed her back, pouring all of the longing and love into the kiss. It was the first time in a long time that we have kissed before. You would expect it to be slow and soft, but it was the complete opposite. It was clear that we have missed each other and we want each other.

I loved this. I loved kissing her. I loved hugging her.

God. I love her so damn much.

And you bet, I showed her.

////////////////////

I'm so so sorry for the sudden disappearance!!  I'm currenlty on vacation and kindaaaa got distracted, but I'm back!!!!

I'm back and will update some more to make up for my time gone missing.

I'll probably go on an update spree soon,  to make it up to y'all.