Chapter 78.

Alexa's POV

Prom.

You'd think that because it was our last year of high school, we'd go to our last prom, but we didn't. We really didn't feel like going to some shitty high school dance. That's why we celebrated prom on our own.

We went to Hailey's house and stayed at her basement which we decorated. We set up some blankets and pillows the floor where we ate the homemade pizza Cole made as we talked about all the memories we had together. We borrowed a projector to watch a movie while eating the homedae desserts I made. We cuddled with our partners while we listened to Robin play the piano and Hailey play the violin or sing.

Wasn't this way better than prom?

We had a calm and peacful evening. And to make up for the slow dance of prom, we did dance around for a while. Currently, Robin was playing Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor on the piano. Both him and Hailey are singing the song. They both harmonized perfectly. Jess and Chase were eating while talking to Jackson and Alyssa. Olivia and Matt, left a little earlier on, and Cole and I are backyard. We were laying on the grass and stargazing.

Everything was finally over. We'd soon be graduating in a few weeks. In just 1 year, I was able to conquer all my struggles. I couldn't have done it without my friends, family, and Cole. Cole has been the biggest help. He has been the main source of happiness. Who knew that I'd fall in love with my enemy? Who knew that the person to show me so much happiness was the person who once caused me so much sadness.

"What are you thinking about?" Cole asks, snapping me out of my thoughts

"You." I poke his cheek

"Awwwwww" he squeezes me tightly.

"You never leave my mind." He mumbles in my neck

"You know...I honestly don't think I'd be here right now if it weren't for you...I'd probably be 6 ft under the ground." I say

"Don't say that...please..."he says softly

"Sorry. But it is true. If we never got into that huge fight, and if you never had an asthma attack, then we would have never become friends. If we never became friends, then I'd never find true happiness." I say

"Me too...if we never became friends, then I'd probably be an empty hearted asshole who hates the world." He says

"It's almost college soon...you probably got a great scholarship for soccer"I say, trying to hide my sadness. College would probably be our end. Long distance relationships never work...

"Yeah I do have scholarship offers...but I'm takig up Cullinary. I'm gonna take over Mom and Dad's restaurant." He says

"I haven't been there yet...make sure to give me a free meal" I say

"What about you? What's your course?" He asks

"Cullinary as well." I smile thinking of all the sweets I'll be able to make.

"Lex...you know I never wanna leave you right? I don't ever want us to break up again." He says

"Yeah...I know that..."

"Well...maybe...since Mom and Dad think of you as their child already, you could run the restaurant with me?"  He looks at me with hopeful eyes. I smile widely and kiss the tip of his nose

"Of course."

He smiles and kisses my head.

"So we'd be like your parents?" I say

"Yup! We'd be such a power couple." He smiled widely at the thought.

"Also...if you're worried about us going to a different colleges, then don't worry. I'll be following you wherever you go. You're not getting away from me anymore." He snuggles me closer. I smile at the feeling that he always gives me. I smile at the feeling of love. I smile...at the feeling of happiness.

"I love you...more than you could ever imagine." I say before kissing him

I thought that I would never find happiness. I thought that I would never find love.
But look at me now,I'm in the arms of the man I love. I have friends who care and love me very much. I found my real family. I have such a great dog. I found happiness. I found love.

Crazy, huh? Life is just so unexpected like that.

"I can imagine that it's not as much as how I love you" Cole says once we pull away.

"Oye love birds!!! Come on inside, it's getting cold." We hear chase say. We turn around and see all our friends standing there, each of them wrapped around their partners. They smile at us and look at us expectantly.

Cole stands up first then holds his hand out for me. He pulls me up when I take his hand.  Hand in hand, the both of us walk in the house with all our friends.

This ends the most perfect night ever.

This ends all my struggles.

This is the end...of struggles.

////////////////