Chapter 58.

Cole's POV

I was laughing at Chase's story. Alyssa grabbed onto my arm for support. She was laughing so hard; she couldn't breathe. Everyone's laughter was interrupted though when someone tapped me.

We all turned to look at the person. There stood a furious looking Olivia. It's been so long since I've seen or talked to Olivia,so I don't know why she would be here talking to us.

"Uhm yes?"  I say. This ticked her off because she slapped me so hard. The whole cafeteria stopped what they were doing to watch what happened.

"FUCK YOU COLE REYNOLDS. FUCK ALL OF YOU. I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY WITH THE DAMAGED YOU CAUSED ON HER." She yelled at us. She then stormed off and left the cafeteria without another word.

Everyone was in shock. What the hell was that about? I snapped out of my daze, and suddenly felt my cheek sting. I touched my cheek and winced. There must be red hand print there.

My friends came back to reality one by one. The cafeteria filled with chatter about what just happened. Alyssa turned my face to look at her.

"Oh my god...Cole we need to bring you to the nurse's office." Alyssa says worried

"Dude that looks painful" Robin comments

"You need some really cold ice." Chase says

"Come on. I'll go with you" Alyssa says.

She takes my hand and drags me to the nurse's office. I was still thinking about what had happened earlier. It was so random. I haven't talked to Olivia in so long and then she comes up to me and slaps me hard on the face.

I didn't notice that we were at the nurse's office till I felt myself being a sat down. I snapped out of my thougts and looked up to see Alyssa looking down at me in worry.

"I'm fine Alyssa. I've handled worse things." I try to reassure her. She gives a weak smile but doesn't seem to be calming down.

The nurse hands me some ice and tells me to stay here for a while. She wrote an excuse slip and told Alyssa to give it to my next teacher. Alyssa refused to leave me at first, but I ended up convincing her to go.

That slap was the talk of the day. Everyone was wondering what happened. Countless of people asked me what happened and why she did that. I answered them the same thing. I don't know. Olivia wasn't here for the rest of the day, so I didn't get the chance to confront her.

When Alyssa and I arrived home, she asked me the same question she's been asking since ealier.

"Are you okay?"

"Aly, for the last time, I'm fine." I said using my old nickname for her.

"Just looking out for you Cole." She says

"I know. Thank you." I snuggle closer to her.

We sat in silence as we watched a movie together like always. As we were watching the movie, I suddenly realized something. I stood up,making Alyssa look at me in confusion.

"Cola!!! Boy!! Where are you???" I called out. I didn't see him this morning either.

"Cola!!!"

I spotted Marie coming from the backyard. I went up to her and asked

"Marie,have you seen Cola? I haven't seen him." I say

"I think he's upstairs." She says as she walks past me. I look at her in confusion. Uhm. Okay?

"Cole!!" Alyssa calls out. I walk into the living room to see all my friends there.

"Hey guys!!" I grinned

"How's the bruise?" Jess asks

"Feeling better." I shrug. I take my seat next to Alyssa and soon we all launch into our own conversation.

Everything was going great.

I had my parents back, my friends and I are as close as can be, I got my best friend back, we won state championships and so much more amazing things.

Life was going great and happily.

/////////////////////