Undertale

(play music throughout this chapter!)^

Steven sat up. He looked around. He appeared to be in a dark, moist cavern. He lifted his hands and felt something stick to them. Steven looked at one of his hands, which was stuck with multiple tiny golden petals. He looked down and realized he was in fact, sitting on entire section of the floor that was covered in them. "What happened?" He asked nobody. Nobody was there. He got up and began walking around,  calling their names. No one answered. He walked around. And tripped over a stick. And a root. And a rock. And a talking flower. Wait, what? Steven turned around to a small golden flower smoothing out his petals. "Golly, does nobody have manners anymore! Tripping over something as small as me! Manners!" Steven stumbled back, surprised. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" He shrieked, pointing at the flower. It huffed, "It's rude to point, y'know." Steven heard a rustling sound over to his left in the dark cave. He cautiously wandered towards it, making sure to stay a good distance away from the sound. A green small something barreled out from on the darkness and knocked him over.  "AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Peridot screamed as she attacked. Her small hands did absolutely no damage to him. Something flew out of the air and pelted him in the forehead. It was a penny. "Face my fury!!!" Peridot yelled. "It's me, Steven! Don't attack!" Peridot stopped.

"Sorry, Steven." Peridot apologized, not at all remorseful. "It's ok, where are the others?" Steven asked. "Can't find them." Peridot responded.  "Helllooooo! I'm still down here y'know!" The flower said. "Oh, sorry," Peridot said. "OK, now what was I going to say before you two bowled over me?" The flower mused. "Oh yes! Right! I'm Flowey! Flowey the Flower!" Flowey said. "Flowey? What kind of name is Flowey?" Peridot made fun of him. "Peridot! That's not nice!" Steven said. "What? It's true!", she defended herself. Steven facepalmed. "I'm sorry, Mr. Flowey. My friend and I would just like to go home." Steven placated the furious flower. 

"Oh, it's ok! I'm sure you are just scared." The flower's anger disappeared as fast as it appeared. Was it Steven's imagination, or did the Flower just glare at them with a strong furious loathing? If looks could kill, they would be dead already. But he shrugged it off as Flowey said, "Here! These are called friendliness pellets! They will heal you!" Steven looked at Flowey's face. He thought he saw something malicious there before, but now he wasn't so sure... Steven shrugged. "Can't hurt to try!" All of a sudden, Steven and Peridot's gem glowed. A hologram looking projection of their gem hovered in front of them. "But-but it's supposed to be a hear-" Flowey stuttered, an expression of surprise flashing across his features. "What?" Peridot asked. "Never mind," Flowey said. 

"Here take the friendliness pellets! Run into them!" Flower proclaimed jovially. Steven and Peridot rushed toward the small pill-shaped things floating before them. The bullets ran into them and a shock of pain rippled across each of their bodies. "Owwwww!" They both yelled. Steven was hunched over, clutching his stomach, while Peridot's leg had been the main target of the other one. Flowey's face contorted into an evil smile. The flower petals around his face turned limp and dead, and the white space where his face was contorted, showing his fangs. "Fools! You actually believed that ploy for a second! Idiots!" Steven felt awful. There was no actual damage physically, but he hurt on the inside. It looked like Peridot felt the same way.

"Peridot! Run!" Steven yelled. Peridot grabbed Steven's hand and they began to flee, but Flowey encircled them with his attacks. The white ring of pellets encircled them. There was no way out. "DIE!" He said gleefully.    

Steven and Peridot tried to run out of the circle, but there were too many pellets. The pellets closed in, so close, Steven could have touched one just by moving his finger. He and Peridot hunched together, scared. Suddenly, a large orange fireball knocked Flowey into the darkness, screaming. Steven could feel the heat zoom past his face. A large dark feature emerged from the darkness. As it came into the light, Steven and Peridot noticed her white horns and purple dress with an unknown symbol on it. "Hello, my children. My name is Toriel, caretaker of the ruins." Toriel said before both Steven and Peridot passed out on the damp ground.

Hello! I'll try to continue this story tomorrow, but I might not, because of school. However, you can expect another chapter between today and Saturday. But I might not update on the next week because I am heading to Utah! Hope you liked this chapter! Bye!