H-Hotland

(yup)^

The heat descended in on the gems, the silence was ominous as they crunched through the sandy gravel. Nobody else was there other than the gems, and two knights farther along the path, softly bouncing. Further up ahead, a large white building loomed above the gems, its white exterior intimidating to the gems below. Steven looked around at his friends, both were sweating and exhausted as they trudged along. Amethyst's clothes stuck with sweat to her body, and Peridot's hair was almost losing shape.

Steven wearily knocked on the sliding door to the white building, too hot to care if they were attacked. The doors slid open to his touch, revealing a dark inside. The gems walked inside. Peridot paused in front of a giant screen, divided into 7 parts. Her own face stared back at her from one of the parts. Watching her. Watching ALL of them. An uneasy feeling settled onto Peridot, as she hurried to catch up with her friends. As the gems continued on through the lab, they heard the pattering of feet coming towards them.

A small yellow dinosaur came out of a metal door, stared at them in surprise, and turned in circles. "O-oh my gosh! You're h-here already! Very s-sorry! I didn't think you'd be here this soon." She turned to Amethyst who had just noticed the cameras. Her eyes widen behind large round glasses. "H-hey! It's not what it looks like! I j-just....like watching your journey. It's interesting! I d-don't have much to do down here, y'know.", she hastily amended. "How can we trust you?" Amethyst questioned her, eyes narrowing. "W-well, one of your friends already came here!" the dinosaur said. "Who??" Peridot asked. The dinosaur went into a door marked, "Dr. Alphys". "T-they're here!" Alphys called into the hallway behind it.

"Oh my goodness!" A feminine voice called out from the hallway. Pearl emerged from the door, running towards them. She bent down and hugged Steven, Peridot, and Amethyst. "It's SO good to see you! I was so worried, and this demon flower thing tried to kill me and my good shoes got muddy and disgusting so I had to get rid of them..." Pearl stared sadly at her feet, which instead of her usual ballet slippers, had black combat boots. "Cheer up, Pearl! They look fine!" Steven said. Pearl sighed. "Anyway, it's great to see you all!" she concluded, briskly.

Alphys interrupted, "S-sorry to break this up, but I need to inform you of.... an issue." She adjusted her glasses. "Y-years ago, I made a robot named Mettaton. He was o-originally supposed to be a entertainment r-robot. But I kind of... made him a bloodthirsty robot hungry for human blood when I tried to turn him off???? S-so now, I don't r-really know where he is. B-but he's trying to kill you." Alphys grimaced. Peridot took a deep breath. "ARE YOU INSANE?????" she screeched. "AS IF WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH THINGS TRYING TO KILL US NOW!!" Steven grabbed Peridot's arm. "Calm down, Peridot. Alphys, do you know where he is now?" Alphys started to speak, "N-not exactly..."

Thump

"I-" Alphys said.

Thump

Thump

THUMP

THUMP

THUMP

THUMP

A wall broke open, and a metal 6 ft robot burst through the wall.

"HELLLOOOOO DARLINGS!" Mettaton declared.