Ahuhuhu...

(huehuehue, how dare u not click on the sound)^

The gems trudged along, sweating. Steven wiped his brow, the dust crunching beneath his feet. "This SUCKS" Peridot complained. The other gems nodded in agreement.  The air was dense, suffocating, and Steven wondered how any of the monsters survived down in Hotland. Amythest squinted her eyes. "What's that ahead?" she pointed out. Up ahead, a giant cave loomed, menacing, but also appealing, as the gems were desperate for coolness. Pearl looked nervous. "Are we sure we want to go in there?" The others hesitated, realizing that she could be right, and it might be dangerous. 

"Let's just go a bit closer. If we see anything that might hurt us, then we can turn back." Pearl still looked reluctant, but she nodded her head. Steven led the way, the small sharp rocks on the red ground embedding themselves in his shoes. The cave cast a huge shadow, and  Peridot bravely inched forwards until she was at the entrance. She peered inside, the cool air of the cave washing over her like water, and she breathed a sigh of relief. "What's in there?" Steven yelled to her. "Nothing but a bunch of cobwebs!" she yelled back. 

The group moved forwards into the cave, sitting down and leaning against the cold walls. "That feels SOOOO good!" Amythest sighed. Pearl still looked apprehensive, but sat down as well, glancing towards the dark back of the cave. The gems lay there for a bit, enjoying the cold and each other's company. Steven glanced into the back of the cave and stood up. "Steven, where are you going?" asked Peridot. Steven looked at her. "I'm gonna explore!" he exclaimed, walking. Peridot stood and ran after him. They walked side by side, talking. 

Steven felt his feet move slower. He tried walking a bit faster, but his feet refused to follow his brain.  He looked over at Peridot. She looked at him in a panic, the same thing happening to her. A soft, but evil voice came out of the darkness, taunting. 

"Ahuhuhuhu..."

The two gems looked around wildly for the voice, but nobody was there. Steven and Peridot tried to run, but their feet were barely moving. 

"Did you hear what they just said?"

"They said humans with strange stones will come through."

"I heard that they hate spiders."

"I heard that they love to stomp on them."

"I heard that they like to tear their legs off." 

Steven and Peridot frantically tried to escape, but their legs, when they looked down, appeared to be wrapped with cobwebs? Peridot screamed, "HELP US!!!", her voice echoing down the cavern, reaching the ears of Pearl and Amythest. Previously sitting against the wall, Pearl and Amythest scrambled to their feet and took off in the direction of their screams. "WAIT!" Amythest grabbed Pearl's arm. "We don't want to be those idiots in a horror movie, right?" Pearl nodded, realizing she was right. Pearl sighed. "I think you know what we need to do." Amythest nodded. 

The two gems began dancing, spinning around each other. Pearl was graceful, her long legs spinning like a ballerina. Amythest was more... rough. She wiggled her hips and her butt at Pearl. Pearl groaned in annoyance. The two danced towards each other and began to glow, their forms combining. 

Finally, Opal emerged from the glow, her white blonde hair rippling in an unseen wind. Opal nodded in agreement with herself, and she took off down the cave. 

Meanwhile, Steven and Peridot stared in horror at the spider being in front of them. Muffet chuckled. "I heard."

"That humans are VERY stingy with their money."

Muffet snapped her fingers. Steven and Amythest were lifted by their Souls, which were attached to some cobweb strings. The cobwebs shot up about 40 ft in the air, dangling the gems.  "Why are you doing this??!!" Steven pleaded with her. Muffet raised a finger to her chin. "Why AM I doing this again?" she mused. "Oh yeah!" she remembered. Baked goods began to fly along the cobwebs, striking Steven and Peridot. They leapt from one string to another, trying to dodge the food. 

Muffet clapped her hands in delight. "Someone informed me of you, and offered a large sum of money if I captured you!" she told them. Her face clouded over. "But... I can't remember who?" She shook her head, and remained cheery. "Do you all want to play with my pet? He's VERY excited to meet you, ahuhuhu!" A gigantic shadow inched up behind her and moved under the web. Steven dared a glance down. Over 30 ft below him, a large cupcake spider ROARED, shaking the thin line the gems were clinging to. 

Suddenly, a BOOM of footsteps sounded in the distance. Opal bounded towards the gems. She slid towards them and kicked the cupcake spider HARD on the head. The beast whimpered, drawing back from her, and ran away into the back of the cave. Muffet groaned. "UGH! You're supposed to be ferocious!" She turned back towards Opal. "Nevermind. I'll defeat you MYSELF!" 

Muffet launched spiderwebs at Opal, who grabbed them and threw them aside. Opal dodged and climbed along the webs that Steven and Peridot were attached to. She drew out a huge spear and slashed the webs. Peridot and Steven screamed as they plummeted towards the ground. Steven felt a soft, huge presence underneath him. He landed, bracing himself for an impact that never came. He peeked upwards, and realized he was cradled in one of Opal's arms. She nodded down at him and dropped both him and Peridot behind a rock. Peridot hugged Steven. "Thank gosh you're ok!" Steven hugged her back, and they looked up over the rock at Opal. 

Opal drew her bow out and fired 5 arrows, each hitting a different pastry. She leapt in and out of the thick cobwebs, further and further in. Muffet laughed. "Ahuhuhu! Where are you going? You're getting MORE stuck!" Opal was slowing down, the cobwebs enclosing around her until she couldn't move. Muffet approached slowly, like a tiger circling its prey. "Ahuhuhu! You're mine now!" Muffet lunged, her cupcake spider reappeared, ready to back her up. Opal smirked.

Opal wove her fingers into the spider webs and yanked them across her body. The cavern shook. Opal pulled even harder. The cobwebs pulled off the walls and sprang forwards. They wove around and around, faster, as Opal pulled on them. Muffet gasped. The cobwebs were encircling her body. Muffet protested, "T-this isn't supposed to happen!" Opal pulled one final time and the webs snapped around Muffet like a cocoon, wrapping her up neatly and tightly. Opal ducked under the remaining webs and rolled out, just as the roof of that part of the cavern came tumbling down. As the dust settled, Opal was safe, and everything was still. 

Steven gasped. "D-did you KILL Muffet?" The overwhelming weight of being responsible for another's death pushed at his heart. Opal came towards Steven and Steven flinched away. Opal opened a small pouch near her hip. In there, struggling, a tied-up Muffet and cupcake spider lay safe. Peridot breathed a sigh of relief. Opal lay Muffet and the Spider down on the ground. Steven hugged Opal. "Thank you for saving them." he whispered. Opal hugged back. She began to glow, and Pearl and Amythest broke apart. "That... was... AWESOME!" Amythest grinned. Pearl smiled slightly. "Well, I suppose we were pretty... "awesome".

Steven walked towards Muffet. "Hey, um, just so you know, your pastry was REALLY good." Muffet's eyes widened. "It was?!" Steven nodded. Muffet allowed her face to pass what may have been a genuine smile. Steven walked back towards the group. 

Finally cooled off, the gems walked onwards, the Core glinting across Hotland and faint romantic music in the distance.