"Platonic" Friendship

(this one is for these two cuties :3)^

The sound of clanking grew louder and louder from the direction of the voices. Two heavily armed guards appeared around the corner, in sync. "HALT! WE HAVE ORDERS FROM THE KING AND UNDYNE TO STOP HUMANS OF MULTIPLE COLORS AND TURN THEM IN TO THE KING!" Steven started sweating. "W-wellll, it's certainly a good thing that there aren't any humans here!" The rest of the gems gathered behind Steven, who prepared to conjure a shield to protect them.

One of the guards leaned down to Peridot, who leaned away nervously. She could smell his musty breath as it echoed from inside his helmet. "WELL." The rest of the gems tensed. "IT IS INDEED QUITE A FORTUNATE EVENT THAT NO HUMANS ARE HERE!" The guard laughed. The gems released a consecutive sigh of relief. The other guard gestured to the gems. "FOLLOW US, WE'LL BRING YOU SOMEWHERE SAFE!" The gems cautiously trailed behind the guards, weapons prepped for attack.
The guards mindlessly chattered to each other as they walked. "Bro! Did you hear that the humans are like, different colors, and one even is purple, haha!", the first guard told the second. The second guard turned around to face the gems. "Wait.... bro.... I think... oh man, I think we have to kill you now, sorry."
The gems drew their weapons out, surprised that the guards hadn't realized sooner. Their souls flew out, and the guards bounced in front of them. Steven turned to Amethyst. "I think I have an idea!", he whispered. "Polish their armor!" He told her. "It'll make them hotter and maybe slow them down!" Amethyst looked at Steven like he was crazy. "What???" Steven sighed, and pointed to the armor. A small sheen could be seen on it, serving as a way to cool down the armor against the hot elements. "Ohhh, dude that's a good idea!" Amethyst ripped off a small piece of her shirt. As the guards lunged for her, she vaulted over them and wiped off a good deal of the cooling liquid on the first guard.
The first guard started sweating, "Does it seem to be getting hot in here?" He asked the second guard. "Nah, bro." The second guard replied. He stabbed the dirt in front of Pearl, just barely nicking her foot. Peridot snatched the cloth from Amethyst and ran around the guards while they were distracted, wiping off even more liquid. The first guard groaned, "Bro, it- it's way TOO hot!" He dislodged the piece of armor, revealing his chest. "Ahhh, that's better." He sighed. The second guard kept glancing at the first, looking about he was about to combust. The first guard backhanded Peridot, who flew across the path. "Owwww" she complained.
"STOP!" The second guard huffed, "I-I can't do this anymore!" The first guard looked confused. The second guard started ranting, "I LIKE-like you bro! I like the way you fight, when we go to get new armor, I love killing humans with you!" The first guard looked taken aback. The second guard twiddled his thumbs, clearly nervous for his response. The gems looked between the two awkwardly. The first guard took a deep breath. "I- I like you too! Do y-you wanna get nice cream with me?" The second guard beamed, his face lighting up. He grabbed ahold of the first guard's arm, and the two bounded off together, completely forgetting about the gems.
The gems stood in shock. "What just happened?" Pearl finally asked. The other gems just shook their heads. Steven silently gestures for the other gems to follow him. They were making good time! However, they were all exhausted and ready to sleep. They trudged along, practically falling asleep.
Suddenly, Pearl's foot slipped off the path. She opened her mouth to scream as she fell into the abyss, but didn't get that far. Her foot landed on glass off the path. She stopped, and looked curiously. If she squinted, she could see the rest of the path, leading to a small platform. "Guys! Come over here!" She yelled. The gems followed her along the invisible path, dragging their feet. They collapsed on the ground. A sign stood in the middle of the large patch of ground. It read, "Art class on October 10th, at 8pm." It seemed to be unoccupied other than that. Steven squinted his eyes, trying to remember the date. Oh well, he decided. He laid down on the ground with the others and closed his eyes.

"Ahahaha" A girls voice echoed. "You haven't killed anyone so far!" It was the girl from before, except now, her eyes were normal. Well... somewhat. Her eyes were a piercing red, and it felt as if she was staring into Steven's soul. "I'll give you a bit more time!" She giggled. She pulled her knife out and examined it. "My hair would look good dyed red, right?" She asked Steven. Without waiting for an answer, she drew her knife on top of her head. It sliced through her scalp, blood mingling with hair. "Haha! That's much better." She sighed. "Now. You've figured out my name is Chara at this point, right? The villagers can barely bear to speak my name, the fools. At least I left my legacy!" She smiled, and Steven noticed her canine teeth were sharp, like a vampire's. "But.... if you refuse to kill anyone, I'll have to take over you! And that's not fun for anyone, right?" She asked. She chuckled. "Haha, I'm wrong about that part! It's fun for me!" She laughed, her face becoming more distorted. "It gets more enjoyable after a few kills, trust me!" Her face morphed into a goat-looking one. It was Toriel. Chara mimicked her expression, eyes pleading. "Please, my child, I loved you. I raised you. Please, don't hurt us." Chara mocked. "Well...." she continued, her voice growing louder until she was practically screaming. "LOOK WHERE THAT GOT HER!!!" Chara drew her blade once more and plunged it into her own face, which still looked like Toriel. She pranced towards Steven and looked close, blood gushing from the blade, dead eyes staring. "You have 3 days to kill everyone in the Underground, or I'll kill your friends too." Steven looked on in horror, as her eyes filled up with black liquid once more and more came out of her mouth. "AHAHAHAHAHA" she laughed.

Steven jolted awake, shivering. What was that dream? He felt like crying. What was he supposed to do? He resolved to talk to his friends once they were awake. Everyone was still asleep around him, but it seemed to be morning. He went to go shake Peridot awake, when a piece of crumpled paper fell on his head. Looking up, Steven's eyes widened. "Uh oh."