Undyne

(you already know what this is for)^

The gems followed sans into Grillby's. sans gestured for them to sit down. The gems sat and waited for what he wanted to say to them. sans leaned towards them, face expression serious. "Have you ever heard of a talking flower?" sans asked them. Steven and Peridot looked at him in panic. "Y-yes" Steven replied shakily. "Good." sans said, leaning back in his chair.  "So you've heard of the echo flower. I think someone is trying to pull a prank on my bro Papyrus. Whispering encouragement and bad things to him." sans told them. "Keep an eye out, ok" sans said leaving them. He reached the door way and then stopped, turning around. "By the way, I was going to say something, but I forgot." He walked out the door without another word. 

"That was weird." Amythest stated. The small group made their way back to the waterfall. They looked at the watery caverns before them. "Are you ready?" Steven asked the group. They nodded. As they advanced through the caverns, suddenly, everything went dark.

"What's happening!" Steven yelped. They dove into a pile of long, high grass. A soldier appeared out of the darkness. Suddenly, they heard a familiar voice. "UNDYNE, IM SORRY. I DID NOT CATCH THE HUMANS. B-BUT, MAYBE WE DONT HAVE TO CATCH THEM. THEY ARE NICE! MAYBE..." Papyrus trailed off. "YES, YES. IM SORRY, I UNDERSTAND. OK." Papyrus ran off towards Snowdin. Steven heard a wheezing sound behind him. He hurriedly covered Peridot's mouth, but it was too late. She sneezed, the sound faintly echoing across the stone walls. 

The knight whipped around and waited for another noise. It heard nothing. The knight faded into the darkness . A small yellow dinosaur monster with no arms appeared out of the grass. "yo! that was so cool! undyne is the best!! did you see the way that she was looking at the grass!" Steven nodded hesitantly. The monster ran off down the hallway, "I'm gonna see you all later, and maybe I'll see Undyne too!!" he yelled back.

The group sighed and traveled on. They entered the next room and found themselves at a huge boardwalk. Steven felt like he was being watched. He turned around slowly and saw nothing. Peridot poked his arm. "Hey, theres something over there." Amethyst walked over to check it out. She turned back, panicked. "RUN!! SHES RIGHT THERE!!" The knight appeared out of the darkness. They drew a spear out of their armor, and with the force of a catapult, threw it at Peridot. Peridot dodged, barely, and the spear imbedded itself into the wood. The gems took off running, spears sinking into the boardwalk behind them. Steven ducked spear after spear. "Run!" 

The group followed Steven.... into a dead end! Steven felt his stomach drop. He had lead his friends to (possibly) their death. Steven watched as the knight approached them. The knight raised its spear and brought it down into the wood. The boardwalk began to shake, the wood gave way, and they plummeted onto the ground. 

Steven blacked out, his friends falling all around him. A soft lilting voice came out of the darkness and Steven strained to hear it. 

Oh no! Someone's fallen down! What's your name? Steven? That's a nice name. My name is...

Steven passed out, and didn't hear the rest. 

Steven burst upward, panting. The smell hit him first. It smelled like a rotting whale carcass with ketchup on it. Steven wrinkled his nose. "Guys! Wake up!" Steven yelled. The group woke up and slowly followed Steven across the sewage. As the gems finally put their feet on hard ground, they heard a loud maniacal laugh.

------------------------------————--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter! it's a little out of order, but that's ok. So.... Undyne will be fighting Smoky, the first fusion in this book so far. Also,  i may not be able to update for a while, i've got camps and other things to do. I'll try to up date as soon as i can though! Thanks for being patient!