PS: This Chapter's The Bomb!

(did u like my pun in the title, anyways click on the sound :D)

As the gems walked on, darkness engulfed them. Tripping over each other, they blindly made their way to what seemed like a stable center of a platform. Steven sniffed the air. A metallic smell filled the (room??) and Amythest started coughing a bit. Steven looked up. A soft glow from some lights was slowly turning on. He looked at Pearl, who had just realized what was happening. "Mettaton," she said. "Get behind me." The gems clustered behind her, as upbeat music started blasting from unseen speakers. The lights turned fully on. The gems were standing in the center of the dusty red platform. Multiple objects floated, bounced, or just sat around them. Mettaton's voice boomed through the cavern and a large screen with Mettaton standing in front of a news announcer's screen. The gems could see themselves on the screen, their virtual selves mirroring their actions. "WELCOME TO MTT NEWS!" Mettaton boomed. "HERE, OUR BRAVE REPORTERS WILL CHOOSE AN OBJECT TO REPORT ON! CHOOSE WISELY, MAKE IT A GREAT STORY, DARLINGS!" The gems looked around, confused. 

Pearl looked around the room, and spotted a white dog, sitting in the corner with its tongue out. "Awwwwww!" she cooed, walking towards it and bending down. Steven shouted, "Pearl! No! Don't do what he wants!" Mettaton sounded pleased. "SO. YOU HAVE CHOSEN THE DOG! I CAN SEE THE HEADLINE NOW: DOG EXISTS SOMEWHERE! MARVELOUS!" he ranted, waving his arms about. "ATTENTION, VIEWERS! OUR CORRESPONDENT HAS FOUND... A DOG!" The invisible audience awed. " THAT'S RIGHT, FOLKS! IT'S THE FEEL-GOOD STORY OF THE YEAR! LOOK AT ITS LITTLE EARS, TINY PAWS, FLUFFY TAIL... ... WAIT A SECOND. THAT'S NOT A TAIL! THAT'S... A FUSE!!! THAT'S RIGHT... THAT DOG... IS A BOMB!!! BUT DON'T PANIC! YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE REST OF THE ROOM YET!!!" Mettaton shouted. 

The gems stumbled backward, the floor beginning to shake violently. "OH MY!" Mettaton said from the screen. "IT SEEMS EVERYTHING IN THIS ROOM IS A BOMB!"

"THAT DOG'S A BOMB!" The dog's tail caught on fire. 

"THAT PRESENT'S A BOMB" The top of the present fell off to reveal the top of a black bomb and a lit fuse.

"EVEN MY WORDS ARE" Mettaton's narration at the bottom of the screen fell off the tv and exploded, throwing Steven back, who skidded across the floor. "A BOMB" Mettaton finished.

The gems looked at each other, scared. Peridot whispered, "What are we going to do???" Suddenly, the phone rang. Steven drew the phone slowly out of his pocket and answered it. Mettaton pleasantly crossed his hands together, waiting. Alphys' voice filtered through the phone. "D-don't worry! I installed a bomb defuser on your phone! Press the side button!" She hung up. Steven approached the dog and grabbed it as it ran past him. He pointed the phone at it and pressed the side button. The dog's timer went blank and Steven put it down. 

The gems spread out across the platform, grabbing different bombs and bringing them to Steven to defuse. Peridot ran after the water glass, which splashed water in her eyes as it fled. "Aghh!" she screamed, and jumped for it, grabbing the rim. Steven pointed his defuser at it, and it broke in half. Pearl kicked the basketball at Steven, and he defused it midair, the shreds of its explosion falling onto him. Amythest tossed the movie script at Steven, and he caught it, pointed the defuser at it, causing the bomb to defuse, and the pages to fly everywhere. 

At last, they finished defusing all of them and rushed towards the big bomb. Steven yelled, "Ok Mettaton, you've had your fun, defuse the big bomb!" Mettaton laughed chillingly. "WELL DONE, DARLING! YOU'VE DEACTIVATED ALL OF THE BOMBS! IF YOU DIDN'T DEACTIVATE THEM, THE BIG BOMB WOULD HAVE EXPLODED IN TWO MINUTES. NOW IT WON'T EXPLODE IN TWO MINUTES! INSTEAD, IT'll EXPLODE IN TWO SECONDS! GOODBYE, DARLING!" He laughed maniacally, watching the gem's horrified faces. After a few seconds, his screen contorted in confusion. 

 "AH. IT SEEMS THE BOMB ISN'T GOING OFF." he admitted. The phone rang on his screen, and Mettaton picked it up. Alphys proudly declared through it, "That's b-because!!! While you were monologuing... I...!!! I f... fix... Um... I ch-change..." 

Mettaton gasped, "OH NO. YOU DEACTIVATED THE BOMB WITH YOUR HACKING SKILLS!" Alphys corrected herself, "Yeah! That's what I did!" Mettaton gasped louder. "CURSES! IT SEEMS I'VE BEEN FOILED AGAIN! CURSE YOU, HUMANS! CURSE YOU, DR. ALPHYS, FOR HELPING SO MUCH! BUT I DON'T CURSE MY EIGHT WONDERFUL VIEWERS FOR TUNING IN!!! UNTIL NEXT TIME, DARLINGS, I'LL GET YOU BACK, ETC, ETC" He wandered off-screen and the tv screen shut off.  

Alphys stuttered through the speaker. "H-hey, I did it! Don't worry about that stupid robot! If worst comes to worst, we can just flip-" she stopped herself. "N-nevermindbye!" She hung up. Steven looked confused. "What just happened?" Pearl shrugged. "I honestly have no idea." They walked out of the arena, Peridot scampering behind them.

As the gems walked into the distance, Amythest chattering about how maybe Alphys could make her whip mechanical, a lone black spider skittered along the dusty path, on its way to its family up ahead...