VII. Hold the Damn Phone

[photo-Google Search; Tumblr; Lin-Manuel Miranda, Phillipa Soo, Anthony Ramos, "Stay Alive: Reprise", "Helpless", "Take a Break"]
       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Alright. HOLD THE DAMN PHONE. Okay, so I was looking on Wikipedia for Phillip's birthday right, for my Thomas Jefferson thing. And I went through Eliza's page for the hell of it. And this passage is what I found. (For copyright purposes, this shit is from Wikipedia, I don't own it);
"Eliza was at the time pregnant with their sixth child. Despite her advanced pregnancy and her previous miscarriage of November 1794, her initial reaction to her husband's disclosure of his past affair was to leave Hamilton in New York and join her parents in Albany where William Stephen was born on August 4, 1797. She only came back to her marital house in New York in early September 1797 because the local doctor had been unable to cure their eldest son Philip, who had accompanied her to Albany and contracted typhus. Over time Eliza and Alexander reconciled and remained married, and had two more children together...." -Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton, "Marriage".
     Okay, this is where I went "THE FUCK?"; "Despite her advanced pregnancy and her previous miscarriage of November 1794".
    Eliza had a miscarriage. And more importantly, she fucking SURVIVED. Now, Eliza adopted two kids, with Alexander's consent obviously, which she let go after a while. Angelica, her eldest daughter, was put in a mental asylum after her brother's death and she went fucking mental. But dear sweet Eliza "Didn't deserve any of this shit" Schuyler-Hamilton, had a goddamn miscarriage in 1794, and LIVED. Her life, her children, that's just sad! Even more so, what if she had died? Alexander would have lost connection with his wife (this took place over the Reynolds Pamphlet period), his career, a possible child, and if she had died, his FUCKING WIFE. That's goddamn depressing as fuck.

  If I'm being honest though, part of me is happy Phillip got sick because it brought his parents together again. Which, I need to go read some happy Hamliza fanfictions before I start crying. So do with this information as you will. See y'all tomorrow!

(So we don't have to wallow in defeat and feels and be sad, here is some happy OG Mr

(So we don't have to wallow in defeat and feels and be sad, here is some happy OG Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton)