XX. Why "Burn" Hurts to Listen to

[photo-Pinterest: spookgunderson.tumblr.com; Elizabeth Schuyler-Hamilton]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, so we all know in "Burn" Eliza is all like: "You, you, you!". Well, when she does that, she isn't just going on saying "you" way longer than she should, it has symbolism. It really does.

It basically means, it is all about Alexander. It's ONLY about Alexander. Eliza is symbolizing it has always been about him, never abut her. In the whole song she is putting Alexander off his high horse/pedestal and through that whole time, she is saying it has always been about him. Always, always, always. That's why she is saying "you, you, you!", she is referring to the whole time they were married it was always about his wants, his needs, and what he needs or wants to do, it has never been about her. Which to be honest, that hurts more than anything in this song. And it shows throughout the musical! Constantly, all Eliza wants is some good old quality time with her husband, some Husband-Wife time, where the Hamiltons can actually act like a married couple; cuddle, relax, eat dinner together, spend quality time together. But all Alexander wants to do is go out and work.

When ever in the musical has Alexander EVER wanted to spend some quality time with his wife. Four times: The Battle of Yorktown, Helpless, for a second in Say No to This, and then It's Quiet Uptown. That is about it. He never shows any desire to be with this children, well, that's somewhat a lie, but still. In the scheme of things, Alexander seems to want to grow to be a lonely old bastard. Meanwhile, Eliza just wants some time with her husband and children. I always say that in "That Would be Enough", even though Alexander is going all stressed on her, she keeps him calm. Even worse, she forgives him throughout every time he has ever fucked up. Legit every time Alexander doesn't want to do anything, Eliza lets him do whatever he wants. She does't MAKE him go on vacation, because she knows whatever he is working on is important to him. She doesn't MAKE him do anything. So throughout all the wondrous times they've been together, it's always been about him, and that fucking hurts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*none

  Well guys, there we go! This one meant a lot to me. Also, to my dear Hamliza fam. I highly recommend you manage to find the book "The Hamilton Affair" it's a historical book that goes over Alexander and Eliza's relationship. I need to buy it. Also, have any of heard of the "Hopeless AU" it's fucking sad, look it up, have to reiterate this point, it's sad as fuck. See you guys next chapter! ~DSRG87