My Fear

-A Few Months Later-

Prince Matt walked slowly down the grand hallway with his hands behind his back. He stopped, turning slightly. The tiny knight was struggling behind him, trying to put on his shoe as he hopped after the prince. Matt thought he looked cute.

"Edd, are you coming?" Matt asked, a small smile on his face.

"Yes sir!" Edd cried, before tripping and falling on his face.
Matt chuckled and offered Edd his hand. Edd graciously took it, and Matt pulled him up.

"Thank you sir!" Edd smiled brightly up at Matt.

Matt picked up Edd's shoe from the ground and pointed at a nearby bench. "Sit."

"What?"

Matt grabbed Edd's arm and dragged him over the bench. "Just sit."

"Ok..?" Edd replied, staring at Matt questioningly as he sat down. "What-"

Matt made a big dramatic scene, pulling out Edd's shoe and bending down on one knee. Edd's face began to turn red.

Matt carefully lifted up Edd's leg and slipped the shoe on his foot. Edd was squirming around in his seat. He was so cute when he was flustered.

Matt always enjoyed putting Edd into 'romantic' situations. It was fun to see him get all flustered and it made him look so adorable, a bonus in Matt's eyes.

Edd quickly hopped up after his shoe was safely secured on his foot. "T-Thanks, b-but shouldn't I be the o-one putting the shoe on your foot..?"

Matt let out a small laugh and stood up. He ruffled Edd's hair. "I suppose so. You are my knight in shining armor."

Edd batted his hand away. "C-come on, we've got places to be."

Matt just smiled as he followed after the small knight. Edd had planned a surprise just for him! Well, for the two of them. Matt let out a small sigh at the thought.

Matt was a prince, which came with the perk that he was never left alone. There was always a servant nearby, or a guard watching him like a hawk. Edd was the only one that didn't suffocate him. That's why Matt didn't mind spending his 'alone time' with Edd.

"We're almost there." Edd said excitedly, snapping Matt back to reality.

They were walking through a beautiful garden. Matt had been so lost in thought, that he hadn't even noticed them leaving the palace.

"Say Edd... Where are we?" Matt asked, admiring the beautiful flowers that grew all around them.

"Oh! Well... I was exploring the castle grounds, to get a feel for the area, when I stumbled upon this amazing garden!" Edd answered happily. "But that's not even the best part!"

Edd walked up to an wall of vines, pulling them aside. Matt's eyes grew wide as he let out a gasp.

There was a small lake, surrounded by lush trees and plants. Flowers covered almost everything, giving the garden a magical look. It was beautiful.

"Oh Edd..." Matt said breathlessly, stepping forward. "It's gorgeous."

Edd had a huge smile plastered on his face. "You like it!? You really do!?"