My Story

"Edd... Come on...." Tom knocked on the door to Edd's old room. "Come out. It's been two hours."

Muffled sobs came from the other side of the door.

Tom sighed. "Come on Edd, let's just talk."

"He hates me." Edd whimpered.

"I'm sure he doesn't hate you..." Tom said calmly, leaning against the wall outside.

"H-He flat out told me. He s-said I was nothing to him." Edd replied quietly.

"Well-"

"He's my everything Tom." Edd replied, his voice barely audible. "I don't know what to do without him."

Tom paused, and let out a small sigh. "Listen Edd. I might not know much about love, but I do know that talking out your problems always helps. So please, come out."

Tom stood up straight as the door clicked open. Edd quietly walked out, closing the door behind him. Tom laid a hand on his back, trying to comfort him.

"Thanks for being here for me Tom." Edd said softly, hugging the taller man.

Tom just smiled. "You're welcome Edd. Now, how about we go do something fun to lift your spirits."

"That's sounds wonderful." Edd replied, wiping his eyes.

The two walked down the hall, Edd trusting Tom to take him somewhere to make him as least a little bit happy again. He tried to push the thoughts of Matt out of his head, but they kept returning.

"How did you even get in that room?" Tom asked, breaking his chain of thought. "I thought someone else lived there."

Edd shrugged. "Maybe I had an extra key made."

Tom smirked. "I like the way you think."

"Thanks..." Edd looked down.

"Matt doesn't deserve you." Tom stated.

"Wh-what..?"

"I said he doesn't deserve you. If he left just because you were training, training to protect him I might add, he doesn't deserve you." Tom replied.

"W-well..." Edd rubbed his neck nervously.

"You want to defend him, I get that... But he doesn't deserve it."

Edd looked down, before back up at Tom. "I thought you and Matt were best friends..? How can you say all this about him?"

Tom sighed. "He was my best friend... and I still care about him a lot, but he's also hurt me. Now he's hurt you as well..."

"He hurt you..?"

Tom nodded.

"How?"

"Whoa kid. That's some risky territory you're stepping into." Tom pulled out his flask. "I'd rather not talk about it."

"I'm not a kid." Edd mumbled, before sighing. "But if you don't want to tell me... I'll respect that."