An Unexpected Visitor

Edd sat down on Matt's bed and sighed. He was tired of waiting for the princes to come back. Life was boing without Matt.

The knight pulled out a book that Matt had given him and began to look at it. Even though he couldn't understand what it meant, that didn't mean the Edd didn't want to learn.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Edd jumped up and ran over to the door.

He threw the door open, but Matt's shining face wasn't there. Instead there was a man who looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.

"Patryk!" Edd exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"W-Well, you said that I could talk to you right..?" Patryk asked, looking over his shoulder before back at Edd.

"Of course! Come on in..." Edd closed the door behind Patryk and motioned to the bed. "Please sit."

Patryk gave him a tiny nod and sat down.

"So... What do you want to talk about?" Edd plopped down next to him.

Patryk looked away from Edd. "I-I, uh, wanted to know how you were doing! Yeah that's it..."

"Patryk..." Edd placed a hand on his shoulder. "You can tell me anything..."

"No... I can't. I can't tell you anything." Patryk let out a small laugh. "I j-just... I just needed to be with someone I trust."

"You trust me?" Edd blinked. "But we barely even know each other.

Patryk looked at Edd's face, before smiling. "We only met at the ball, that's right. It feels like it's been a lot longer, since..."

"Since what?"

Patryk chuckled. "You do not want to know..."

"Aw come on!" Edd put on a bit of a show, trying to cheer him up. "You can tell me since we're totally bffs now."

"I won't tell you everything, but let's just say that you're out of toilet paper." Patryk smirked.

"Wha-" Edd froze, his eyes going wide. "YOU'VE BEEN WATCHING US!?"

Patryk began to laugh at the expression on Edd's face.

"You jerk!" Edd gave Patryk a light shove.

Patryk chuckled and sighed, his shoulders slumping slightly. "You remind me of him... Well, without all the bubbly stuff."

"Who?" Edd asked.

"My friend, Paul..." Patryk stared at the ground.

"Paul..." Edd said quietly to himself. "Does he have something to do with why you're sad?"

Patryk didn't respond, he just continued to stare. Edd began to panic slightly, looking around the room for something to cheer up his new friend.

Until he remembered what a certain servant had told him.

"Hey!" Edd exclaimed, making Patryk jump. "I just remembered! I met another servant in the halls, and he said that he was looking for you!"