26-Sweet Dreams, My Angel

This chapter features bedroom scenes that are not required to understand the plot later in the book.  If you do not wish to read these types of scenes, please skip ahead to the next chapter.  

We stumble from elevator unable to fully disconnect from our embrace. Our kisses become more frantic as we approach Amir's hotel room. While Amir searches for his room key with one hand, he pins me against the door and trails kisses down my neck. I hear a click and Amir wraps his arms around me to prevent me from falling back through the open door. I feel overheated and out of breath, but I don't want to slow things down. We both know what's going to happen next. I need to move forward before I lose my nerve. I gently brush my lips against his and then turn and lead him into the room.  

Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries grace the bedside table and covers have been turned down for us. I wonder when Amir set this all up? Part of me wants to be mad that he expected the evening to move in this direction. I try to remind myself that it really doesn't matter. We are both getting what we want regardless of when it was planned.

Amir tosses his jacket on a chair as I lead him to the middle of the room and step into his embrace. He lightly runs his fingers down my arms causing me to involuntarily shiver. He lets out a shallow breath and in a gravelly voice asks, "would you like a glass of champagne?"

Reaching up, I gently run my hand across the light stubble forming on his face. Looking into his eyes, I can see that he wants this as much as I do.

"The only thing I want is you." Moving my hands up to his neck, I loosen his tie. Without any resistance from Amir, I remove the tie and toss it in the direction of the chair with his jacket.

Then, I begin unbuttoning his shirt as quickly as possible. With every button, I reveal a little more of his hard, muscular chest. Amir standing shirtless before me is a fantasy come to life. I need him now, but I take just a moment to enjoy my view. I run my hand over his warm chest stopping to let it linger over his beating heart. I can feel it racing and I know that I'm not the only one affected by the thought of what's coming next.

Bringing my hands down to his waistband, I begin to unbutton and unzip his tuxedo pants. As his zipper travels down, his excitement becomes apparent. Before I can pull off his pants, he gently turns me around. He gently sweeps my hair over one of my shoulders and whispers in my ear, "I think you're a little overdressed." He begins kissing my neck, slowly creating a trail of kisses ending at the edge of my shoulder. His movements agonizing slow and only heighten my desire.

Amir's fingers find the hook at the top of my dress and he tugs the zipper downward at an unbearably slow speed. It seems like he knows how much I want him and he's trying to delay my gratification. I'm sure he's trying to build longing until I'm begging for him to go faster. Two can play this game.

I hold my dress while his fingers work their way toward the end of the zipper. He slowly releases the zipper. Then, places one hand on my shoulder while running the knuckles of his other hand down my exposed spine. My skin is on fire with the trail of tingles from his touch.

Leveraging the opportunity, I take a step away from Amir and turn around. Meeting his eyes, I let my dress fall to the floor. I watch as he surveys my body only covered by black, strapless lace bra and a tiny pair of matching panties. His eyes seem to glaze over with longing and I know that the game of cat and mouse are coming to an end.

Amir's eyes explore every inch of my body. He extends his hand, lacing his fingers with mine and softly tugs me toward him. "God. You are so beautiful. The reality is better than any of my dreams."

Still in my heels, I step out of the pile of red sequined fabric at my feet. Taking a step forward, I find myself in his embrace. I use the proximity to begin tugging his pants down. He tilts up my chin and looks deeply into my eyes, "Why do you want to rush this? I've been waiting for this since the first day that I met you. I want to enjoy this and make this an evening that you'll never forget."