t w e n t y

Celebrating your birthday late ✔️

I remembered the time where your birthday fell sometime when the both of us were busy. I felt as dejected as you were that we didn't get to go out and celebrate your birthday together. And to add to the despair, it was your 20th birthday. The year where you're no longer a teen.

But still, we got to celebrate the best late birthday. I was aiming to do a surprise but I ended up pushing that thought away. Because it would probably be best to celebrate it by doing whatever you wanted to do together on your birthday. And turns out, I was right. It was the best decision I've made that year.

I couldn't keep up counting the number of stalls we stopped by to enjoy their delicious and really affordable snacks. And the "fashion shows" we did at every clothing store we entered gave me laughter that was enough for me to forget all the stressed I had that week.

It wasn't much because we only brought a few pieces of cake and your favourite beverage at your favourite coffee shop to end the celebration. But your genuine jollity made it seem that we celebrated your birthday on the right date.

Seeing you happily enjoying the day made me feel that there was a reason on why we were busy on your birthday. Reason being is that it was for us to spend the day making another wonderful memory together.

Also, I'm thankful that you thought of wanting to place this in the list during our walk back home to your house. A bit different and totally uncalled for but hey, sometimes you just got to break the norm, right?

Happy Belated Birthday, my love. Sorry that I was late to celebrate your birthday with you again this year.