t h i r t y f i v e

Enjoying a variety of things at the variety shop ✔️

During our first few dates, I would have always questioned on why you would always go into variety stores. But the more time we spent together wandering in the store, it became clear to me on why you enjoyed your time there. And with that, I found myself falling in love with you again.

Sometimes, we would buy a basketful of things. Other times, it was a half hour wandering and a single item purchase. Some other times, we would go look around and leave empty-handed.

It was never the cheap prices, it was never the cute items, nor the wide range of products.

It's simply just the trip there. The 'what if you wore this?'. The 'this would look good with the box we brought the other day'. Endless thoughts and conversations. Jokes and teases. Just mindlessly going with the flow and the sudden impulse to buy something useless.

Remember that we thought of getting someone a birthday gift with purely with the things from the variety shop? And we were blessed to have Sehun becoming the victim.

It was your idea to buy a big box and fill it with shredded paper and have his actual gift, a miniature cap hidden, or more like tangled with the shredded paper.

The moment Sehun lifted up the box and felt how light it was, you were already chuckling. Then when he opened the box to find a tiny cap, he instantly threw the shredded paper on top of your head.

Despite being the spiteful person he was, Sehun instantly ruffled your hair, knowing all too well you were simply joking. And it all ended well with him getting his actual gift, even though the gift was from another variety shop. At least, it was a more sophisticated variety shop.

Going to variety shops gave us a variety of items, experiences and even ideas for pranks. But what stayed the same was the excitement I felt with you.

I just realized that this reached 40k reads even when my updates are at the pace of a snail :")

Thank you for sticking around and patiently waiting. I appreciate that Baekhyun's emotions made you guys stay with me on this journey.

I really can't promise updates because each time I think of it, something just happens and I end up being drained and tired. I don't want to update when I don't feel like it, it isn't sincere to write something half-hearted. I don't feel I'm being true to myself.

What I can be sure of is that I will be completing Bucket List by the end of the year. So please, don't ask me to update or make me feel bad for sporadic updates. I wish I could easily write like I used to but I simply can't. I'm sorry if I'm giving excuses but even now, I'm feeling tired.

I'll end this message on a brighter note.

Keep on smiling because you made me smile. You reading this makes me feel that I'm not all that hopeless in writing. I'll try my best to write and hopefully, you can enjoy what I've planned for myself and my expectations of this story.

Enjoy your weekend,
– Lily