t w e n t y t h r e e

Wandering around the airport ✔️

I have to admit, this was a bit on the unorthodox side because who would even go to the airport for a date. Plus, we were too broke to catch a flight and go on a holiday somewhere together. But the idea of pretending we'll be heading someone far by just walking around in the airport was amusing.

The moment you stepped out of your house when I arrived, you enthusiastically said – well, shouted – "Let's go to the airport!" and you instantly rolled your eyes right after I held your shoulders and looked at you with widen eyes. You didn't even answer the question I had given you from my facial expression and body language.

Instead, you took out your phone and fiddled to order a cab. It wasn't even 5 minutes when a cab came into sight and came to a stop right in front of your house. You pushed me inside and after— Okay, I didn't even remember how long the ride was because my mind was wandering all the possible reasons on why you suddenly want to go to the airport.

Reaching the airport, you finally told me it was in your bucket list to just wander around the airport and just look at the mass movement of people. You told me, which I found it funny bit kind of understandable, "We're used to see to how people crowd the subways, buses trying to head out and get back home. But it's kind of refreshing to see this kind of pace of life. I know I'm making close to zero sense. But oh well."

I saw that you were trying to be philosophical and even, if I could say, emotional but you quickly popped my thought of you being so mature by pulling my arm to look at the runways. Toning yourself cutely that you wanted to watch the planes take off and descend.

We did end up taking the train and afterwards the bus to head back home because we sent money on the cab and food that was a bit more than what it's actually worth. You falling asleep on my shoulders on our way back after seeing you joyfully walk around in the gigantic airport building makes me feel that the time spent was worth it.

And I have these paparazzi of you to remind me of this out of the ordinary experience.