Chapter 1- "Destiny"

A/N: Vanessa Hudgens as Theodora

Pierce Brosnan as Chiron

••••••••••••

I slowly opened my eyes, a white light blinding me. My body was aching in pain, my muscles were so sore I could barely move.

I could hear a mumble of voices, but I couldn't quit make out in the background and then suddenly my eyes shifted into focus.

To my left on a rustic wooden table were some peculiar looking drinks. In the far background there was a field of strawberries. It seemed like I was in a camp.

Teenagers were scattering about everywhere: some sword fighting, others running, swimming or just sitting on the porch.

As I averted my gaze to the little table when I heard a faint gallop. It started getting louder and louder so I glanced behind me and I viewed a strange creature that had a horse's lower body and a man's upper body walking towards me.

I felt my blood rushing through my whole body and magically the unbearable pain I felt before vanished.

Instinctively, I shot up from my chair and ran outside. I saw a boy starring at me while his jet black eyes shined under the light of the sun. He was pale with messy black hair and eyes that hid deep feelings. He was staring right into my eyes and for some reason I stared back.

I was so mesmerized by his intense stare that I didn't notice the last step. I stumbled and the last thing I remembered was him holding me in his arms.

When I finally woke up, I found myself laying in the exact same house ,only this time instead of a weird creature, my best friend Theodora was waiting for me to wake up... But that wasn't the same Theodora I've known... That Theodora was half human and half goat!

She still had her dark eyes, and dark long straight hair, but instead of feet she had hoofs. Blood froze in my veins and regardless my shock I began questioning her. How did I get here? Why was Theodora suddenly a different person? And who was that girl? That girl...

With everything that had happened I hadn't noticed the girl that was standing next to Theodora. She had dark brown hair and tanned skin. She was thin and had light brown eyes that where rimmed with gold.

Theodora began answering my questions and explaining, but the only thing in my mind was him.
Who was he?

Theodora must have noticed me blank out because she stopped talking and instead she was staring at me.

"Anyway..." She spoke. "I should probably introduce you to Anna, Anna Collins." She said, pointing to the girl standing beside her.

Anna was really gorgeous. From what I gathered this was a camp for demigods.

"Are you a daughter of the Aphrodite?" I dared to ask her.

"Oh, definitely not!" She exclaimed, sounding a little offended. "I'm a daughter of Poseidon." She said smiling sweetly.

"Who's my Godly parent?" I asked with curiosity and excitement growing in my eyes.

"You haven't been claimed yet, but we'll soon find out." Anna said, standing up from the chair beside me. "Now, I would like to give you the camp tour myself, but I'm afraid I am pretty busy right now so Theodora will show you around." And with that she left.

Theodora and I left what she called 'the Big House'. She showed me where the bathrooms and the toilettes were and as we were walking the same creature I've seen before appeared.

He had a sweet smile on his face when he told me "You must be Destiny. I believe I have not introduced myself properly, I'm Chiron."

He then began telling Theodora about a recruit mission or something of the sort, I'm not quite sure because my attention was averted to my surroundings.

My gaze scanned the area and froze when it met the cold, lifeless state of the boy with obsidian eyes.

Who was he?

I was so fixated on the mysterious boy that I hadn't noticed a girl "dressed" , well ti be honest I don't thing I can use the world "dressed", since her outfit showed pretty much everything there was to reveal.

In a whiny voice she began complaining to Chiron but he cut her off and urged Theodora to go pack her bags.

"I'll have Nico finish your tour." She said, walking away.

"Who's Nico?" I yelled but she was already gone.

The blonde girl that was now a few meters away from me shot around at the sound of my question.

She sprinted towards me with a smirk on her face and said "Nico Di Angelo, despite his name he is not even merely close to being an angel. Although he's dreamy, sweet and makes you feel special all he really wants is another girl in his bed. He's the camps player and a total asshole, if you don't want tour heart broken, stay away from him." One more hair flick and she was gone.

Typical! Of course he was a player... I mean with his looks! I mean.. That was the only type of guy I ever got interested in. Ugh! Not this time tho! A player wouldn't break me again, I would just keep my distance and keep him out of my mind.

I leaned against a wall, waiting for him to come. A few minutes later he appeared from a nearby cabin. At the cabin's door there was a girl calling out his name, begging him to go back.

My gaze got colder as he neared me even more. He stopped a few meters away from me. His eyes pierced mine like daggers.

"I'm Nico Di Angelo, nice to meet you." He flicked his hair out of his face and extended his arm for me to shake.

I turned me face to the side, pulling away from his stare and in an abrupt monotonous tone replied "Destiny Black."

•••••••••

A/N: So this is the first chapter! I know it is very short and to be honest, the story gets better once it's developed. Hope you liked it!