Chapter 14- "Gates of the underworld"

A/N: Bratt Pit as Charon

••••••••••••••••

Destiny's POV:

I would never imagine that sleeping for an hour would end up having a huge, half woman half bird monster over me, trying to kill me.

As soon as I opened my eyes and saw that monster standing over me with her wings open and claws almost under my skin, I wanted to scream from the top of my lungs but only a sub escaped from my mouth when I saw Nico standing behind her with his sword ready.

He shushed me with his pointing finger in front of his mouth and only then slayed the monster's head.

The monster screamed and i watched it turning into ashes with wide eyes. I knew that killing a monster was hard, but trust me, thanking Nico was even harder.

I didn't know what to say, or how to say it. I was still so mad at him, but he still saved my life.

However, I didn't even have to thank him. After he slayed the monster he was looking at it on the floor and as soon as he made sure it became ashes he just flipped his hair to the side and said "you're welcome" and left.

I didn't know what to say or do. I was just sitting there. Should I thank him, should I say nothing?

"Destiny!" A familiar voice was heard from my right.

I turned and spotted Anna with Lucas behind her back. They both looked tired, when Anna was by my side we both said at the same time "Are you okay?" And then giggled.

It was nice to know someone cared about me.

I finally answered "I'm okay, you?" She nodded then looked at Lucas and finally turned back to me.

"I'm fine" she replied smiling. "So what happened?" She asked curiously.

"Well, not much, the usual. A huge half -bird half- woman monster attacked me and almost killed me as soon as I woke up and Nico slayed it's head. Just a normal day in my life".

"Oh ,thank god you took care of the other harpy and where exactly were Nathan and Tyler?" She asked.

"They were sleeping too. They woke up from it's scream when Nico slayed it's head. What I'm afraid to ask is what happened to you"

She opened her mouth, but no sound came out of it for a while. She finally answered "Long story".

Well that definitely wasn't enough, but I let that slide, since she didn't ask details about nico neither, so I just nodded my head and asked "Should we take a seat?there is still about half an hour left until we get to LA."