Chapter 17- "Words"

Anna's POV: 

"I'm sure it should be here i-" and then everything went black.

Next thing I remembered was waking up  in the exact same spot I was standing before.

I stood up, but as i tried to move forward ,I was stopped by something I  couldn't see. There was nothing there.

"What the...?" I hissed to myself. I kicked that spot again.

Still stopped. I tried every direction. Nothing. It was like I was trapped in...an invisible box. I kicked and pushed again harder but guess what, still nothing.

When suddenly, a sound came from the woods. My heart skipped a beat. "Hello..? Is someone there?" I asked.

"Princess?" A familiar voice was heard.

"Lucas? Over here!" I yelled back and after a matter of seconds the son of Athena was revealed from the trees.

His blue eyes glanced at me as he was coming closer but I snapped "Wait".

I kicked again as he realised what that meant

"Eris" he murmured.

"Well, done, dear." Was all an old woman said, standing behind Lucas. I supposed that was Eris.

"What do you want?" I signed, like I've met her before and she was an old enemy or something, but the think is I hadn't, I just knew that Eris was the goddess of discord and that was enough.

"What makes you think I want something from you?" She raised an eyebrow and smirked, trying to manipulate and trigger me.

"You're Eris that's what you do. You always give challenges, you try trick people into dividing" Lucas signed confidently, looking not afraid at all ,considering she's a goddess and she was capable of very bad and evil things.

"Oh I see, you're the smart ones, aren't you?" Lucas and I gleamed at each other with the corner of our eyes and then back at her. She continued "well, since you're familiar with my work I'll get straight to the point. You, young man, I like you, so I'll give you a choice. You can leave, but you'll leave alone and she dies" she said and her eyes shined in a way that made me forget for a moment who I was or what I was doing. "However, you can accept my challenge." She added

"Which is..?" Lucas asked seriously.

"Oh, you're interested, I'm pleased, very pleased. The challenge is: I tell you a riddle, if you succeed, you will both be free. If you don't..." She said and then she did an impression of cutting her throat with her pointing finger.

"But just you, she gets to live" she added, pointing at me, although she was still looking at him.

I couldn't believe this. I was dead, totally dead. Why would he risk his life for me, a week ago I was just another stranger to him.

He looked at me ,his eyes met mine, while gleaming worriedly.

Of course he wouldn't do it, why would he?

I didn't know what to do, I tacked some hair over my ear crossed my hands and looked down.

As soon as I did, he turned to Eris and said determinedly "I'm in".