Chapter 22- "Freezing time"

Destiny's POV:

"What was that?" Tyler asked no one in particular.

I sure couldn't give him the answer, but I knew who could.

"He knows." I replied with a straight face while pointing at Nico with my thumb.

I crossed my arms below my chest and watched as his face drain of all colour.

"Wha- me..? Noooo" he muttered while shaking his hands in surrender.

Oh he definitely knew. Everything he did showed guiltiness. His eyes were glued to the ground and his hair framed his face in a way that made his high cheek bones stand out and- wait Des concentrate! I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Spit it out, Di Angelo." I demanded. He loosed a breath.

"Thalia... Mhnmm...na." He murmured.

"I think his teeth got in the way." Nathan muttered at me. Nico have him a glare and signed.

"Thalia offered Anna a spot as hunter. If she accepted the offer she would have to quit the quest. Lucas found out and she asked him not to tell us anything. When you left I went back to her tent and heard them talking. I wasn't supposed to know anything."

I didn't know what to say. Anna was thinking of abandoning us?

"Anna was thinking of joining them?" Tyler asked, the disappointment was noticeable ine his voice and his eyebrows laced together.

"Hey, I think you should go easy on her. She really wanted to join them and as you saw she chose not to." Nico defended her.

It was only then when I realised he was right. Anna sacrificed her chance for us. And Nico realised that. I would never imagine that Nico could be so understanding.

"So what now?" Nathan's words snapped me out of my thoughts.

"We can't leave." I reminded the three boys.

"They'll be back soon." Nico told us with a surprising sureness. "Until then could we get some breakfast? I'm starving."

And selfish Nico is back. Of course.

"Wow Nico, stop being so sensitive, you will get yourself hurt." I murmured while rolling my eyes and making my way to the table.

"You guys go ahead, I'm going to find Anna and Lucas before anyone gets killed." Tyler joked, or at least I hoped so.

Anna's POV:

"Anna! Wait!" I could hear Lucas calling after me, but I tried my best yo ignore his attempts to talk to me.

What he did was unforgivable, I mean I could lose my friends... I couldn't have been sure they wouldn't take my offer the wrong way. I trusted Lucas and he betrayed me. I thought... I thought there was this slight chance he cared about me even slightly, but I guess I was wrong.

"Anna!" I spined around.

"What?" I spatted. I was furious at him and yet I couldn't bare but feel guilty for yelling at him as soon as I saw his face.

Regret and hurt was written all over his face and his eyes were twinkling in a way that even the cutest puppy in the world wouldn't be able to compete with him. My heart sank.

"I know that what I did was wrong-"

"And yet you still did it. I could have lost my friends, if I haven't already, all because of you. How do I know that they won't take this the wrong way-"