Chapter 30 -"The sacrifice"

Anna's POV

"Are you even listening?" Lucas trying to put some sense into me, with no success what so ever.

I had already made my decision and that was it. Lycaon was going to pay, on easy or another, for playing with my mind, for attempting to hurt me, for attempting to hurt my friends.

"Hey hey heyyy.." he speeded up a little to catch up with me and grabbed my hand, sending shivers down my spine.

Although his words didn't quit catch my attention, his action sure did. I stopped and looked at him, aware of how close we were. I figured I wasn't the only one since his eyes slightly widened when I approached, but he quickly recovered and the look his sea blue eyes gave me was critical.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Even though just a second ago I was completely sure of my choice I couldn't help but hesitate at his question.

I thought about it. And a pictures flashed in my mind.

The first time lycaon attacked us, when me and Lucas took down a pack of wolfs and how he almost died at that battle. And without a hitch the answered rolled out my tongue.

"More that you could ever imagine."

As he was about to reply footsteps were heard from the end of the corridor and my hand unthinkingly tightened around his.

"Are you coming...or not..?" His voice echoed slowly like a madman's causing my hands to shake.

"We've got this, princess." I turned my head to look at him with his signature smirk formed on his lips.

"Hell yeah, we do." I smiled at him and we made our way to him.

"Oh there you are... for a moment there I was worried I scared you away." Lucaon turned around and revealed his terrifying figure, the irony almost shadowed the rust in his voice.

My whole body immediately filled with rage and without even thinking about it my hand left Lucas's and instead closed around my bow. Next thing I knew arrows where flying in the God's direction, one after the other. At first all he did was avoiding them but soon enough something I wasn't prepared for happened.

The god of the wolfs turned into a wolf himself. His icy eyes turned into a neon yellow and a thick fur coated him. But the worst part was that you would see the fury citing him like a second skin and the feeling I felt when I saw him running towards me made my whole body paralyze.

The beast jumped and my first reflex was to drop myself on the ground and when he tried to do it once more I brought by knees to my chest and kicked him as I unbent them.

Luckily for me I had enough power to send the creature in the air and give Lucas the qou to take action. While the transformed God was still in the air the son of Athena swished his sword and slushed its back.

The traumatized wolf cried in agony but that had no impact on me as I shoot my arrow and pierced through its head. And neither did it change the fact that I kept shooting my arrows one after the other as I watched him turning into ashes, knowing too well that it was already dead.

Before I knew it tears were escaping my eyes one after the other like the small waterfalls I would find during school trips that no one knew about. I just needed to get those off my chest.

Cause it had been a while since I allowed myself to cry and so many things had happened since then. I almost lost some of my best friends, I was carrying the stress of the quests on my shoulders, and a certain boy made my mind feel numb.

The certain boy who's arms were now around my shoulders and who's hands were smoothly and slowly rubbing my back as an attempt to relax me. The certain boy who's breath smelled like mint and eyes made me feel like home because of its blue.

And now our bodies collided and my head was buried in his neck, and I was worried that he could feel my heart beating abnormally cause it did.

Whichever the reason was, it did.

"Please don't let me go." I sobbed so quietly I even had a hard time hearing myself.

"What am I crazy?" I could hear the smile in his voice.

I pulled back a little to look at him.

"Do you really want me to answer that question?" I smirked as much as could at that moment.

"Like you can talk!" His eyes grew wider and his dashing smile grew large enough for me to get a glimpse of his white perfect teeth.

I was about to reply with my usual witty remark when a loud scream cracked the silence of the room.

••••••••••

Lucas's POV

My eyes widened and Anna and I almost telepathically dashed out of the hall back to where the rest were.

The first thing I noticed were Nathan's and Tyler's shocked expressions, I was confused until it hit me.

There she was, Destiny's body flat against the floor. Anna rushed towards her and I followed close behind her never really wanting to leave her side.

As Anna was tending to Destiny who was unconscious I scanned the room for Nico, he was still confronting Dionysus and hadn't noticed what had happened to Destiny.

Everything was happening in slow motion, I saw him turn and look at her, his eyes becoming red with furry and a black aura enveloping him .

I had never seen Nico like that, he looked like he just escaped the asylum, fear but mostly pure rage were written all over his features. He slammed his foot against the floor and it begun to part, lava overflowing from the crater and a dark force almost shadowlike sucked Dionysus in.

The walls were shaking and everything was slowly crumbling. Before my eyes could even register it he was pushing everyone out of the way and kneeling next to Destiny, he picked her up and as he was about to caress her porcelain skin and kiss her rosy lips her life began to fleet and she slowly faded into nothing.

At this point Anna and Tyler were crying streams, I was still trying to register what had happened but one thing I knew for sure.

"We have to get out" I said as sternly as possible.

I took Anna by the arm to support her and we all charged towards the exit.. all of us but one.

"Nico we have to go" said Anna sympathetically.

He looked me straight in the eye and said sternly "Go. All of you. I'm not leaving without her" and with that he vanished in the earthquake he had created.

Fortunately nobody else got hurt as we escaped the fiery chaos and now that Dionysius was defeated Cerberus would return back to the underworld.

We had completed our mission.

"Well we made it" I said and looked up at everyone's miserable faces.

This was it, the time was nearing.. I was to return at camp half blood with the others so we can report to Chiron on our mission and then go back to my normal life.. but why was this so hard for me..

Tyler interrupted my thoughts "What is going to happen? Is Destiny dead?"

I thought for a little and then replied "You heard Nico, either they'll come back together.. or.."

Nathan interrupted me "Let's not think negatively, anyway we have to start heading back" and that's how we begun our journey back to Camp half blood.. exhausted and full of agony concerning our friends fate.

••••••••••••

A/N: I know that you must be very shocked by now.. I mean killing the main character? That's a bit too much but then again I'm a little extra myself.(oops).
I hope you forgive me not only for Destiny's death but also for the fact that this is one of the last chapters. Well as you might have already guessed there aren't too many chapters left but don't worry I am not planning on leaving the story unfinished or left with any plot holes and questions!!
I hope you liked it and until chapter 31!! xx