Chapter 20- "Selfish"

Destiny's POV :

I stoop up and the noise got louder, it vibrated throughout my body. Whatever that was it was approaching.

I woke Anna up and turned my ring into a sword. As soon as she picked up a bow and an arrow she that were laying on the ground,since her sword was still in the tent.

A monster emerged from the darkness. It had the body of a goat, the head of a lion with a bloody mane but its tail was a snakes head.

"Shit...what is that?" I murmured.

"That would be Chimera." Anna replied worriedly.

"So what do we do?" I asked her while we were taking steps back, getting from a safe distance from the monster, or so we tried.

"There is not much I can do with only one arrow, Des. It's up to you at this point." She yelled right after she pointed the end of the arrow towards the beast and just like that a second later the arrow went through the lion's head.

Chimera stood on her two feet growling in pain and scratched Anna's arm.

The daughter of Poseidon fell on the ground, screamed with tears forming in her eyes and yelled "Destiny now it would be a good time, you know."

It was until that particular moment when I realized what was happening as I was still in shock. Chimera was getting closer and closer to Anna ready to hurt her if not to kill her. I knew I had to do something immediately or she was screwed.

So I did. I approached the beast from behind. I did what my instinct told me. I cut off the snakes head. Look, this might not sound like the most brilliant idea since there is still another head and a body, but it got the attention off Anna.

From her expression I could tell another second and it would be too late, but hey I did it. Now, the 9 feet monster was my problem. Let me tell you, I didn't think there was a possible way I could get it myself, so I needed help.

Luckily for me, as a daughter of Thanatos, I could call skeletons that apparently would obey my orders. The only problem was that I only did it once and not exactly sure how. But as soon as I saw that monster turning to me and I pitched my eyes closed, it just sort of happened itself, cause as soon as I opened my eyes three skeletons were standing in front of me, apparently waiting for my order.

"Attack..?" I muttered and thankfully it was enough for my skeletons. They turned to Chimera and the battle began.

My skeletons fought well, managing to slightly slash the back of the beast. It wasn't enough to kill it, however it slowed it down and by the time my skeletons were gone, I had the situation under control. I managed to cut the goat's and final head off and later stub it's body with the black blade of my sword.

The monster screamed in pain while turning into ashes that the wind later flew away.

"Well, that was impressive" a familiar voice said from behind me. I turned and glanced at Nico, smirking at me.

"Your timing is horrible, you know." I frowned as I turned to view Anna, since she said "Des I-" right before she collapsed on the ground.

Anna's POV:

As soon as I opened my eyes I knew something was off.

I looked around me. First thing I noticed was my left arm, which was wrapped with bandages. Now I remembered what had happened.

The chimera, the fight, the scratch.