SAD GAY MUNCHKIN.

"You're never leaving this house again!" Tan's mother barks when he walks into the house

"Music to my ears" Tan rolls his eyes as he drops his bags walking to his room

"Where were you?" Shiela asks

Turning around Tan stares into his mother's eyes "do you care? Do you really care?" She thinks about the question and the answer is yes but she's not sure enough to say it out loud. "I'm too tired for this" Tan walks away "let me know when the tyrant gets home so we can discuss my punishment" Tan slams the door and locks it.

Taking off his jacket and shoes Tan climbs in bed and slowly starts to sob as he thinks about Harris, how much he's royally fucked up and couldn't even beg. It's only been an hour and Tan misses Harris so much, he misses the way Harris smells, how perfect his hair was, and his smile. It was all over, and for Tan, it was way too soon.

On Monday morning after a long and difficult weekend, Tan throws on a baggy sweater and jeans walking out of his room with his bag on his back very tired and a mess. "I'm driving you to school" his mother stops him as he's about to walk out of the door

"For what reason? I'm perfectly capable of getting there myself"

"To make sure you actually get there, at least we'll know where you are for once"

"And I'll pick you up after school" his dad walks in holding his briefcase.

"I have a bus pass and friends with cars I don't need either of you," Tan was physically too tired to fight with his parents, but for some terrible reason the world paired up two people who live off of fighting, and those two people gave birth to him.

"There's going to be no more of that, from now on we drop you off we pick you up" they stand firm in front of him

Tan takes it all as a joke "we'll see how long that lasts" he walks out of the house walking to his mom's car waiting there.

After what felt like the longest awkward car ride with his mom, Tan finally makes it to school where he knows he's not done being yelled at. Going in he heads to his locker and he sees Lin waiting, he's not close enough to tell yet but she's scolding him

"Tan what the hell!" She yells at him as soon as he stops in front of his locker "why'd you lie to Erica then go missing all weekend?"

"Sorry" Tan's too stuck in his head to worry about Lin

"You look a mess Tan"

"Thanks" shutting his locker after grabbing his books he turns to Lin "I'm gonna go find a corner to cry see you la-"

"Actually you're coming with me" she grabs his arm and pulls him as he was finishing his sentence. Lin drags Tan to the courtyard where they have lunch to find Erica and Ronnie waiting. "Here he is" Lin stops in front of them.

"What's going on with you Tan?" Ronnie asks as Lin forces him to sit facing them at the table

"Nothing it's just that we're all dead and this is hell" he replies depressed

"Nope, I'm pretty sure we're alive and this is Chicago. We love you Tan and if something's going on you've got to let us help you, not ignore and lie to us" Ronnie lectures him and Tan wants to tell them everything but he promised and he's messed up so much already.

Instead, he bends the truth "I'm sorry I lied I just needed a getaway, my parents are driving me crazy and I don't know how else to help myself without lying to everyone. I wanted a weekend alone but I couldn't get that so don't worry I'm being fully punished for being a shit son, and an inadequate best friend to you girls."