GRADUATION.

Tan rushes grabbing his cap and gown as Ronnie sits outside with the other girls anxious to graduate, "I'll see you guys at school!" He yells to his parents before walking out the door.

Getting in the back seat next to Lin "were you planning on graduating today or next month?" Erica asks as they pull away

"Shut up"

"Guys we're gonna be late, Principal Taylor will blow a fuse."

"She'll be fine" Tan answers and they all ride to school. "ok so let's recap for the grad party tonight at Carrie Jensen's, is your brother still getting us booze, Erica?"

"Yes, he'll meet us at her house at 8"

"No we need it before we go in, we can't get in if we come empty handed"

"First of all I dare Carrie Jensen to not let me in her house, and we will have it, trust!"

The last few months of school were not as easy for Tan and Sven as they were for everyone else, they didn't talk to each other not even in math. Tan still went to his JV games to support but Sven doesn't know. It broke Tan's heart when he started seeing a girl, Sven had her pictures on Instagram, and Tan was actually being good although he saw Harris whenever he could, but nothing happened between them.

They get to school with the other late graduates and make a beeline to the gym as they put on their caps and gowns. Walking in everyone's lined up "oh my god!" Principal Taylor exclaims walking to them "can't trust you four to do anything right. Here are your cards, go find your spots like we practiced" they break up getting to their spots in the lines.

"Tan Tan Tan!" His friends rush up to him as he's talking to his parents after the painfully long ceremony on the football field "Mr. Mrs. Milton can we borrow him for a few"

"Sure" his mom replies "don't take too long our dinner reservations are at 4."

"Ok he'll be quick" Lin pulls him away.

"What's going on?" Tan asks confused

"Look!" Erica points "my sources tell me they broke up" they look at Natasha Weyland crying

"And who's your source?" Tan asks

"Josh but that's not the point, he said that Sven was going to break up with her weeks ago but felt bad. Now he's in the gym playing basketball... alone"

"So?" He looks between them "Sven and I haven't said 2 words to each other in months"

"Tan you're never going to see him again, go say something before it's too late." Ronnie's right if Tan doesn't say anything and they never cross paths again he knows he'll regret it.

He sighs "ok"

"Yes! We have to get dinner with our families but text us and we'll see you tonight" Tan nods and the girls walk away.

Tan walks to the gym walking in, there are a couple people in there but his eyes land on Sven shooting the ball still in his gown. Sven looks sad and Tan could tell, as he's chasing the ball he sees the boy standing far away watching him. With an inviting smile and a head tilt he invites Tan closer, he takes a few steps not getting too close "congratulations" Tan says not knowing where to start.

"You too" Sven throws the ball at him and Tan catches it "I'm going to miss this place"

"Yeah it was good to you wasn't it?" Tan dribbles the ball and tries to make a basket but fails

"Still haven't learned huh?" Sven chuckles.

Tan shrugs "the only coach I had gave up on me" knowing Tan's talking about him, Sven's smile disappears and he takes the ball shooting it himself.