Alright, Evans?

Alright, Evans?

The program ended and the credits were rolling and James drew his wand and turned the volume down as Lily shifted beneath his arm... he lowered his arm from her shoulder, sheepish now that the moment was over. She stretched and turned to face him, one leg on the floor and the other folded beneath her. "That was really good," she said.

"Yeah, excellent program," James nodded, "The Doctor never ceases to be bloody amazing." He smiled, "Always saving the day just in time! Amazing everyone..."

"Sounds rather familiar," Lily murmured.

James's eyes met hers.

He shifted and turned to face her the same as she was doing and he braced himself on the couch. "I'm glad you liked the program. And the omelettes. I have a confession, Evans."

"A confession?"

"I'd never made an omelette in my life 'til last night."

Lily laughed. "You did very well."

"Thank you." He smiled at her, his eyes dancing with the nerves and excitement coursing through him.

"No, thank you," Lily said, "This morning was really great, I had a lot of fun."

"Me, too." He hesitated, then, "Perhaps... perhaps we could do it again... sometime?"

Lily smiled, "I'd like that."

James smiled, "Really?"

"Yes. Quite a lot."

He felt like his heart might beat it's way right out of his chest. His palms were sweating. "I'd like it quite a lot too..." he said lowly.

His voice was incredibly sexy all low and manly sounding like that, Lily thought and she shivered at the sound of it.

They stared into one another's eyes.

Then - slowly - tentative - James leaned forward, his hand hesitating over her hip. She put her hand over his, bringing his palm down to her side. His fingers were long and his palm wide and he pulled her close by hooking his fingers 'round her, so that she was mere centimeters apart from him and he brought his face into hers, one hand gently cupping her cheek, his thumb running over the softness of her skin. And just like that he was so close he was all she could see and her eyes were directly looking into his and she instinctively licked her lips.

"Alright, Evans?" he whispered.

"Yes," she whispered back.

He pressed his lips to hers - just barely at first, the atoms of their skin cells tingling off each other, a breath could not have fit between them, and Lily felt James's jaw tremble with anticipation and perhaps just the teensiest bit of fear... He slid his palm back, over her cheek, into her hair and he cupped her head, bracing her, as he pushed his mouth a bit more into hers and their lips parted and moved against one another, warm and wet... the flavor of each other filling each of their senses.

James lost all conscious thought.

Lily thought that perhaps Severus Snape and Jasper Odair had been poor kisses because this was so much more than their kisses had ever been. It was soft and smooth and James's lips were so much more delicious than she'd ever expected. She felt like crying.

He shifted his weight and came a bit closer, tilting his head to press their lips even more together, his breath brushing her cheek as he breathed through his nose. She gasped as he softly sucked on her lower lip, she could feel his teeth ever so slightly run across the skin as he held it for a moment, then released it and she tingled as she pressed her mouth to his all the more...