The Results

The Results

Sirius had a case of extreme anxiety for the next week. He was constantly wringing his hands and every conversation wrapped back around to the Transfiguration O.W.L., and even Remus couldn't distract him in any of the ways he usually could (though he did a good deal of trying, and the attempts were in no way thwarted by Sirius, who was never one to turn down a perfectly good snog session with his Moony, no matter how stressed he was).

Peter hung about at the Lupin house quite a lot now that he knew where to find his mates and Mrs. Potter cooked a good deal of food since she was still worrying about Charlus, even though he was steadily getting stronger and was very nearly back to normal already - the miraculous healing having been so complete that it completely dumbfounded every Healer who looked at him... which were many, for they were coming far and wide, trying to figure out how Charlus Potter had gone from the doorstep of death to a picture of health.

Dorcas Meadowes attempted to calm Sirius down by teaching him the art of yoga and breathing exercises. She brought funny soft mats up to the rooftop of St. Mungo's, where she assured him that nobody could see them ("Even muggles on aeroplanes?" he asked nervously, and she laughed, "I promise, nobody can see you Sirius!") and they practiced at standing in funny poses and breathing from deep in the very bottom of their lungs. Sirius had to admit that as goofy as the act of yoga looked, he certainly felt better by the time it was over and he thanks Dorcas, who gave him a muggle book called Breathe Your Stress Away and told him to utilize it when he felt anxiety coming on.

Sirius did an awful lot of breathing that week.

Remus did a lot of sitting on the bed and watching while Sirius folded himself into various yoga positions.

"What're you doing?" James asked one day when he noticed Remus had been sitting in the chair on the porch with the same page open on his book for over twenty minutes - staring off across the lawn.

"Huh?" Remus looked up.

"I asked what you're doing," James laughed at the confused expression on Remus's face.

"Nothing." Remus answered. "Reading." His face turned scarlet.

James looked across the lawn, where Sirius, wearing joggers and a tight tank top, his hair twisted into a knot on the top of his head, had bent forward and held onto his knees, his rump high up in the air as he breathed deeply and serenely, practicing his yoga.

James smirked. "Are we doing a bit of star gazing, Moony?"

If it was possible, Remus flushed even harder than he had been before.

It was Wednesday - nine days after the examination in Dolores Umbridge's office when four owls arrived at the Lupin house while the Marauders were sitting in the kitchen together eating stacks of buttered toast and hash that Mrs. Potter had made for them. Siris leaped from his seat, "THE RESULTS!" he shouted, "THE RESULTS!" He shook as he opened the window and the owls flew in, each dropping their letter before the respective boy.

Mrs. Potter wiped her hands on her apron in excitement to see their results and she stood between James and Sirius, leaning down to see.

The first to get the envelope open when Remus.

Lupin, Remus J. - Ordinary Wizarding Level Results
Care of Magical Creatures - Outstanding
Charms - Exceeds Expectations
Defense Against the Dark Arts - Outstanding
Divination - Acceptable
History of Magic - Exceeds Expectations
Muggle Studies - Outstanding
Potions - Exceeds Expectations
Transfiguration - Exceeds Expectations