The Old Divination Chamber

Regulus Black's body pressed against Maryrose Jenkins's. They were in one of the cells of the dungeons, where the light was low and the shadows concealed them. They had knicked blankets from the laundry, piles of duvets that they'd thrown upon the floor and now lay on in the dark together, their limbs twined about each other and kissing hungrily, Regulus leaning over, his shaggy black hair hanging over his temple. She ran her hands through his hair, the softness of it running through her fingers like strands of velvet. She gasped as his mouth travelled over her chin to her neck and one of his hands slid over her hip, the other supporting him up so he did not crush her...

His mouth had never travelled from her face and his hands had never slid along her body like this before and the sensation of it was taking her breath away and she gasped as he undid her tie and kissed along the neckline of her loosely buttoned oxford uniform shirt, his lips touching the skin of her collarbone, the exhilaration of it taking her breath away, making her chest heave for air. Regulus smiled at the effects he was having on her, loving the power it made him feel, loving the fact that he was making her sound so happy...

Suddenly there were footsteps in the corridor outside and Regulus looked up.

In the doorway of the cell in which they lay, stood Professor Gaunt.

Regulus sat up quickly, handing Maryrose back her tie as she scrambled to sit up, too.

"Professor," Regulus said, doing up his own tie as he spoke, "Hullo..."

"Mr. Black." Gaunt said levelly. He glanced at Maryrose, then back to Regulus, his eyes burning.

Regulus felt his cheeks turning red.

"Although I wasn't seeking you out, you may prove to be rather useful to me now. Will you assist me?" he asked.

Regulus nodded, getting to his feet, "Yes, sir, of course." He reached out a hand to Maryrose to help her up and Gaunt let out a scoffing snort and turned away from the doorway of the cell, into the corridor, clearly irritated by Regulus's thoughtfulness.

Maryrose looked suspiciously at Gaunt's turned back and then to Regulus, "Are you okay? With him?" Her eyes searched Regulus's.

"Yeah, go, I'll find you later," Regulus whispered back.

Maryrose ducked around Gaunt and down the hallway, carrying her tie and her robes over her arm, her blue hair a bit tousled. Gaunt's eyes watched her go and he turned around to face Regulus. "You're wasting your energies, Mr. Black," Gaunt said, his voice slowly creeping higher from the facade to the tone that Regulus was used to. "They would be much better spent alongside Lyra Greengrass."

Regulus didn't know what to say, so he stayed quiet.

Gaunt stared at him for a long moment, then, "Come."

Regulus followed down the hall, past the cells, back toward the Slytherin common room and they were in the hall by the Prefects toilet when Gaunt paused and turned to face a portrait of an old man with a haggard appearance - a grey beard and milky white eyes, clutching a cane that looked like the roots of a dozen trees twined together. Although he'd walked by it hundreds of times since beginning at Hogwarts, Regulus recognized the portrait for the first time. It was the blind seer, Kostos Mopsus. His heart rate picked up at the realization.

Gaunt stared up at the portrait and whispered, "Forsooth."

There was a moment's pause in which nothing seemed to happen but then the portrait nodded slowly and then slid to the left, revealing behind it a door.