6: Casual Fun

Lara's POV:

I remember waking up to the sound of footsteps above me and I groaned. I sat up and yawned, remembering last night and how I heard every last bit of John's.... guilty pleasure. I glanced at our old grandfather clock that we moved down here a year ago, it read 7:23am. I then heard the front door open and footsteps walking away from the house. Then heavier footsteps moved towards the basement door and it swung open. I looked up and squinted because of the massive amount of light coming in but I could still see an angry John glaring at me.

"Get the fuck up here," he said loudly. I dusted myself off and quickly ran up the stairs. He looked me up and down with disgust, "you pig! Make me some bacon then clean yourself up!" 

He then began to walk off and I asked, "did you use a condom?" 

He stoped and turned around slowly, "what did you say?" he asked. 

I then repeated myself, "did you wear a condom when.... having sex with that girl?" 

He scratched his head then glared at me, "mind your own business! Nothings gonna happen you bitch!" He then grabs me and shoves me into the kitchen, "but you better make make me some breakfast now!" He then closed the door leaving me in my large hideaway.

As I turn the bacon around and around I get a text on my phone. I glance at it and see it's Maya from across the street.

Maya: Hey Lara! r u up 2 come over 2 my house?

I glance over my shoulder to see if Johns near, he's not. John does not know I hang out with Maya like I have for a year and I plan to keep it that way.

Lara: Yeah! I'll be there at 10:30

I put my phone back on the counter and then immediately pick it back up again for it buzzed.

Maya: Cool beans! See you then!

I smile, this might be a good day.

"Well done Lara! I can't wait to have my wife AND daughter cooking for me!" He says as he shoves bacon into his mouth. 

'No' I think, 'i'll figure something out by then.' 

He then shoves the plate at me and says, "go clean this then I want this house spotless by the time I come home." I nod and he smiles wickedly. "Your a good girl," he says like i'm a dog and I bite my lip in frustration. He then walks out the door to get to his gym. I glance at a clock on the wall, it's 9:00am, let's clean this house.

I finish at 10:20am and am putting on some lipstick when I notice the bruises on my arms and legs, 'can't let Maya find out about that.' I think as I throw on a heavy sweater with long pants, I sigh as I realize my stomach is slowly staring to show, there go what little looks I had. I then walk out the door and over to Maya's place.

"Hey girl! Whats up?" I hear Maya say as she opened the door. I smile and I say hi back. We then walked inside and I dropped my purse on her green couch and I sighed. "So how's it been girl! How's John?" 

I wince at his name but put on a fake smile and say, "actually we're pregnant!" 

Her mouth goes wide as she said, "shut the fuck up that's so amazing!" We then began discussing the gender, if Maya could be the godmother, all that stuff.

Around an hour later I was drinking wine as I watched Pitch Perfect. I smiled at how nice this felt, then my phone buzzed. I took it out of my pocket and when I saw who it was I almost fainted.

John: I came home early where the fuck are you girl!

I excused myself to the bathroom and looked in the mirror thinking one thing.

Shit.

Authors Note: ok I'm sorry I have not updated in a while but here's the thing! School SUCKS! I have to break the writing schedule for now because I don't know when I can update so sorry. Like, comment, vote.